Key Up
Author Message
 Key Up

Is there a way to check the state of a key so I can see if it is not being
pressed?

--

Thanks in advance,
Nikue Harlley

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Key Up
Nikue Harlleywrote ...

Quote:
>Is there a way to check the state of a key so I can see if it is not
being
>pressed?

function KeyPressed.

-- (A would-be signature delimiter of OE)
Raimo Suonio, Helsinki, Finland
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/
Oikeinkirjoitusohjeita news- ja web-kirjoittajille:
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/oikeinkirjoitus/

Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:10:11 GMT
 Key Up
lol, do you think I'm that stupid? I said NOT pressed, and I meant a
specific key

Quote:
> Nikue Harlleywrote ...
> >Is there a way to check the state of a key so I can see if it is not
> being
> >pressed?

> function KeyPressed.

> -- (A would-be signature delimiter of OE)
> Raimo Suonio, Helsinki, Finland
> http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/
> Oikeinkirjoitusohjeita news- ja web-kirjoittajille:
> http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/oikeinkirjoitus/

Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:19:07 GMT
 Key Up

Quote:
> Is there a way to check the state of a key so I can see if it is
> not being pressed?

You have to "deroute" the DOS keyboard interrupt and ask
in your own interrupt about which key is being pressed via
a in/out question/answer game. You find this technique in
every demo on the Web. HTH
Gautier  --  http://members.nbci.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Key Up

Quote:
>Is there a way to check the state of a key so I can see if it is
>not being pressed?

i'm not clear on why inverted logic is needed, or why it's causing
trouble.

the PC keyboard basically offers "make" and "break" codes. from
start-up, just assume that no key is pressed until "make" codes
arrive, then assume those keys remain pressed until the corresponding
"break" codes are received.

am i missing something?

http://spacegroove.com/telic/bn/embedded.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Key Up
Nikue Harlley wrote in ...

Quote:
>lol, do you think I'm that stupid? I said NOT pressed, and I meant a
>specific key

I don't know you and your stupidness or cleverness don't show through
the net.  If you meant a specific key, you should have written specific
key.

If you can test if a key is pressed, then you can also test if a key is
NOT pressed.

I think there is no other way than hook into the hardware interrupt of
the keyboard (16hex) and keep account of all key down and key up
messages.  It ain't too hard, thou.  8^)

-- (A would-be signature delimiter of OE)
Raimo Suonio, Helsinki, Finland
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/
Oikeinkirjoitusohjeita news- ja web-kirjoittajille:
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/oikeinkirjoitus/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Key Up
Raimo Suonio wrote ...

Quote:

>I think there is no other way than hook into the hardware interrupt of
>the keyboard (16hex) and keep account of all key down and key up
>messages.  It ain't too hard, thou.  8^)

I'm sorry, if I have mislead you.  I later realized that I gave a wrong
interrupt number.  It is interrupt 09hex that receives the key down and
key up (or make and break) messages from the keyboard.

-- (A would-be signature delimiter of OE)
Raimo Suonio, Helsinki, Finland
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/
Oikeinkirjoitusohjeita news- ja web-kirjoittajille:
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/oikeinkirjoitus/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. New UPS System 6-8 Hours Continuous Service

2. Ups and Downs of OOP

3. Graphical Mess Ups

4. Ups and Downs of OOP

5. MS SQL6.5 Lock ups

6. !!!! Enter Key -> Tab Key

7. key release and key pressed help?

8. Using the Function Keys and The Escape Key

9. Help on Arrow Keys--Handy tool for all keys

10. Source Code For Using Function Keys or Cursor Keys - Help :)

11. Source Code For Using Function Keys or Cursor Keys - H

12. How do I make the Enter key act like the Tab key