TurboVision - huge collections.
Author Message
 TurboVision - huge collections.

Hi!

I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
in a file).
In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

Is there any freeware (w/src) version?

Thanks in advance

Jakub CHmielewski

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboVision - huge collections.
Jakub Chmielewski schrieb:
Quote:

> Hi!

> I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
> in a file).
> In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

The main restriction is the maximum Count of 16300, but
it is easy to make a descendant which uses record numbers
of a file which fake the default pointer. It is necessary
to virtually overwrite the FreeItem and some other methods,
so this worked flawlessly.

Sorting is performed in the list, not in the data, so
you have to accept much traffic on the disk, but reading
only. But if you can, better make a short key variable
instead of doing it the brute forced way. An example is
in the "Why Turbo Pascal programmers should consider
Turbo Vision" in the FAQ - page of the TP-links site.

Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboVision - huge collections.

Quote:

>Hi!

>I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
>in a file).
>In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

>Is there any freeware (w/src) version?

Have a look at http://www.bitsoft.com and look for their "containers" package.
It's shareware though, not freeware.

-- Jay

| Jason Burgon - author of Graphic Vision |

| http://www.jayman.demon.co.uk           |

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboVision - huge collections.

Quote:

> Hi!

> I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
> in a file).
> In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

> Is there any freeware (w/src) version?

Virtual Pascal 2.0 has a 32-bit version of Turbo Vision
(for OS/2 and Win32).

Check;
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Dr. A{*filter*}la A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)

Homepage: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 4.60 for Win16 and Win32
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief460.zip

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Alvas Components Collection version 2.0

2. Alvas Components Collection

3. Till 1 February 2001 of the discount on Alvas Components Collection up to 45%

4. Database Link Collection

5. Uses Collections

6. Collections in Turbo Vision

7. Copy Collection...

8. About Collection

9. Storing a collection of BMP's

10. Collections in BP 7.0

11. Great Collection of Discount Computer Books [sale]