blockread and JAVA
Author Message
 blockread and JAVA

Hello,

Please try answering this:
How can I do Pascal' blockread(...) using JAVA - or something
close?

I have a very big file - let's say 12MB. Using Pascal, I can read
CONST_NUMBER of byte blocks, when each block is read into a
record type I pre-define.
The problem is that in JAVA the record will be a class an I do
not know how to avoid all the assignments to the data members of
the class for each byte I read and read and read.... I want the read to be
quick and elegant !!!

Any idea???
Thanks

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 blockread and JAVA

Quote:

> Hello,

> Please try answering this:
> How can I do PASCAL' blockread(...) using JAVA - or something
> close?

> [snip!]
> Any idea???

Wouldn't it make more sense to go to a Java group and ask about file I/O?  And
shouldn't your Java working environment provide *some* sort of documentation
or reference?

Quote:
> Thanks

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 blockread and JAVA

Quote:

>Hello,

>Please try answering this:
>How can I do PASCAL' blockread(...) using JAVA - or something
>close?

I am going to buy Turbo Pascal form local store. Does anyone know which
bus I should take to get there. :-)

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 blockread and JAVA

Quote:

>>Hello,

>>Please try answering this:
>>How can I do PASCAL' blockread(...) using JAVA - or something
>>close?

>I am going to buy Turbo Pascal form local store. Does anyone know which
>bus I should take to get there. :-)

>Osmo

Either the ISA or PCI bus should do.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 blockread and JAVA

Quote:

>>>Hello,

>>>Please try answering this:
>>>How can I do PASCAL' blockread(...) using JAVA - or something
>>>close?

>>I am going to buy Turbo Pascal form local store. Does anyone know which
>>bus I should take to get there. :-)

>>Osmo

>Either the ISA or PCI bus should do.

Are you sure you won't need the AGP bus?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. error 200 on blockread (w/ patched tpl files)

2. Blockread/Blockwrite question.

3. Blockread/Blockwrite question

4. BLOCKREAD&BLOCKWRITE?

5. Q : Help with fpk and blockread

6. help need with BlockRead

7. Urgent help needed with GFx mode and BlockRead/BlockWrite

8. Correct use of BlockRead or alternative loading approach

9. BlockRead

10. Blockread/write, how fast?

11. blockread/blockwrite

12. Help with BlockRead