turbo Pascal 1.5 for windows + workshop question
Author Message
 turbo Pascal 1.5 for windows + workshop question

a) Workshop:
   I made a dialog box and i put 2 frames on it of different sizes.
   There both set to invisible. In my code I decide in an if-test which
   frame should become visible. Now I can't find anything in the
   help-files how to do this. Can some1 tell me how ?

b) I have this program in turbo Pascal for windows where you can draw
   circles, lines, .... But this program is eating resources. When I
click
   the scrollbars a couple of times quickly, my system and GDI resources
   decrease very fast. I didn't write the program, but I'm looking for a
   resource tracker so I can see at which point the resources drop.
(e.g.
   do they drop when I draw something, are resources released when I
   remove  a drawing, etc...). I hope some1 understands what I'm trying
   say.

Hope to hear something,

%==============================================================%
% Geert Vermuyten                                              %

% tel/fax: 03/455.40.47                                        %
%--------------------------------------------------------------%
% Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak %
% out and remove all doubt.                                    %
%==============================================================%

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 turbo Pascal 1.5 for windows + workshop question

a) I think a call to ShowWindow (I think that's the name of the function -
check in the reference manual under sw_xxxx constants) with sw_show, with
GetDlgItemHandle(yyy) as the window
handle, should do it.
b) I don't think resources are consumed by drawings in and of themselves.
More likely, the
   program is selecting resources (brushes, pens, etc) into a display
context, and not
   selecting them out.  Take a look at the code for drawing, as well as the
code for repainting
   the window.
Hope this helps
Rob

Quote:
> a) Workshop:
>    I made a dialog box and i put 2 frames on it of different sizes.
>    There both set to invisible. In my code I decide in an if-test which
>    frame should become visible. Now I can't find anything in the
>    help-files how to do this. Can some1 tell me how ?

> b) I have this program in turbo pascal for windows where you can draw
>    circles, lines, .... But this program is eating resources. When I
> click
>    the scrollbars a couple of times quickly, my system and GDI resources
>    decrease very fast. I didn't write the program, but I'm looking for a
>    resource tracker so I can see at which point the resources drop.
> (e.g.
>    do they drop when I draw something, are resources released when I
>    remove  a drawing, etc...). I hope some1 understands what I'm trying
>    say.

> Hope to hear something,

> %==============================================================%
> % Geert Vermuyten                                              %

> % tel/fax: 03/455.40.47                                        %
> %--------------------------------------------------------------%
> % Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak %
> % out and remove all doubt.                                    %
> %==============================================================%

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Questions: CRT of Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5

2. Why Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 ?

3. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 Tutorial

4. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5

5. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5

6. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5

7. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5

8. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 - CRT unit

9. REQ: Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 HELP!

10. Turbo Pascal Ver 1.5 for windows

11. TURBO PASCAL FOR WINDOWS 1.5

12. Printing the output in Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5