Best way to do timing stuff?
Author Message
 Best way to do timing stuff?

Whats is the best way to do excact timing? Delay is bad.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Best way to do timing stuff?

Quote:

>Whats is the best way to do excact timing? Delay is bad.

Well, if I need EXACT timing, then I wait for Vertical Blank (which on my
refresh rate is 72 times per sec - well at least I think it is;) ).

I can't be arsed putting my code here but check out the VWait statement in
my KOJAKVGA (ho hum), all assembler etc etc.

Scott Tunstall
Software Engineer
Eastern Solutions Ltd  (#18477)

http://www.kwikrite.clara.net/boulderdash/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Best way to do timing stuff?
I've a unit that uses the RTC timer (1,024 khz) or the PIT timer (1 khz)
for
delays.

Scott Tunstall heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:

>>Whats is the best way to do excact timing? Delay is bad.

>Well, if I need EXACT timing, then I wait for Vertical Blank (which on my
>refresh rate is 72 times per sec - well at least I think it is;) ).

>I can't be arsed putting my code here but check out the VWait statement in
>my KOJAKVGA (ho hum), all assembler etc etc.

>Scott Tunstall
>Software Engineer
>Eastern Solutions Ltd  (#18477)

>http://www.kwikrite.clara.net/boulderdash/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Best way to do timing stuff?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Best way to do timing stuff?
Can somebody send me wincrt.tpu

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Best way to do timing stuff?

Quote:
> Can somebody send me wincrt.tpu

No. WinCRT is compiled for Windows only. (wincrt.tpw)
If you have TP7, forget it.

Andras

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help doing database stuff with Delphi

2. Anyone know a better way of doing this?

3. Anyone know a better way of doing this?

4. 2 ways to refer field in Data Module

5. Wanted: big databases that are corrupted in interesting ways

6. Ways to test the .EXE final program ???

7. Creative ways to hang Windows

8. Four ways scrolling on VGA / SVGA

9. What am I doing wrong here? (Win API stuff)

10. Better start good!

11. Find the Best prices on Delphi Books - Searches 40+ Book sites for the best price

12. Run time error 200...all the time