Win 1.5 Pascal - Displaying Lines in/on Screens/Window
Author Message
 Win 1.5 Pascal - Displaying Lines in/on Screens/Window

I would like to know how to format my data entry screens using solid lines to
make a box around my text.

Using Pascal 3.0 I had two options to use

1. use writeln using the ASCII character number that would display solid lines
and
    corners to display a complete single or double line box.

example
{top left corner}
gotoxy(1,1);write(chr(201));

{top line}
for Wx:=1 to 78 do begin
write(chr(205));
end;

{top right corner}
{gotoxy(80,1);}write(chr(187));

{right side}
for Wx1:=1 to 23 do begin
gotoxy(80,1 + Wx1);write(chr(186));write(chr(188))end;

{right bottom corner}
gotoxy(80,24);write(chr(188));

{left side}
for Wx2:=1 to 23 do begin
gotoxy(1,1 + Wx2);write(chr(186));end;

{left bottom corner}
gotoxy(1,25);write(chr(200));

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Win 1.5 Pascal - Displaying Lines in/on Screens/Window

Quote:

> I would like to know how to format my data entry screens using solid lines to
> make a box around my text.

Dunno if I understood your question, but I think the most convenient way
would be to use the Resource Workshop and the object library, aka
ordinary Windows programming. Boxes around edit fields could be made
with static controls.

--
Holger Schaefer
Economics Research Assiociate

http://www2.fh-harz.de/~hschaefer/index.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. WIN 1.5 Pascal - Centering text window on screen

2. Pascal for WIN 1.5 - Centering Window on Screen

3. Win 1.5 Pascal - CRT Unit - Window positioning

4. TPW 1.5 : displaying Windows Metafiles

5. WIN 1.5 - ICON in Window

6. WIN 1.5, Icon question (place icon in title window

7. Centering Window with Win 1.5

8. Adding an Icon to my Window Bar - Win 1.5

9. Win 1.5 Debugger Fix for Windows 95

10. Printing in Win 1.5 Pascal

11. Win 1.5 pascal - Executing a program

12. Turbo Pascal for Win 1.5 question