Borland Pascal vs. unit Crt
Author Message
 Borland Pascal vs. unit Crt

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with using the unit Crt in Borland Pascal.
Everything works good, but when I type "uses Crt;",
there is the Run-time error "Division by zero".

e.g.:

Quote:
> program Prg;

> uses Crt;

> begin
> end.

Compile -> O.K.
Run -> Division by zero.

I really don't know, what's the problem.
  (but it's wonderful isn't it :-)

                Thanks Tom

--
POSTED BY : Tom Hanzl ml.

WWW       : http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~xhanzl
ORGS      : FGP, SPS

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Borland Pascal vs. unit Crt

Quote:
>Hello everyone,

>I have a problem with using the unit Crt in Borland Pascal.
>Everything works good, but when I type "uses Crt;",
>there is the Run-time error "Division by zero".

*Sigh* Please read before writing, it saves us all time. Info:

Mini-FAQ posted weekly lists this. Copies in the newsgroup and at
                        http://www.pascal.force9.co.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt
                        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

Also Timo Salmi's FAQ - monthly pointer posted in clpb
                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
                        See #124

--
Pedt

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Borland Pascal vs. unit Crt

Quote:

>I have a problem with using the unit Crt in Borland Pascal.
>Everything works good, but when I type "uses Crt;",
>there is the Run-time error "Division by zero".

>e.g.:

>> program Prg;

>> uses Crt;

>> begin
>> end.

>Compile -> O.K.
>Run -> Division by zero.

>I really don't know, what's the problem.
>  (but it's wonderful isn't it :-)

Read before Write!  You get the answers more quickly that way!!
Pascal Start-Up Error 200 on fast PCs when using the Crt unit is a VFAQ!

Read the many earlier postings in the comp.lang.pascal.borland (Frank H,
Roger D, ...) and borland.public.turbopascal newsgroups (you can use
DejaNews), including the comp.lang.pascal.borland mini-FAQ, and Prof.
Salmi's FAQ  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip #124, and/or Ing.
Franz Glaser's http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html and my
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/  clpb-faq.txt  pas-time.htm  pas-linx.htm
Another fix is to avoid all use of the Crt unit, or, if accurate delay is
not needed, to compile with TP5 or TP6.

--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Borland Pascal vs. unit Crt

Any clues would be appreciated. >Subject: Borland Pascal vs. unit Crt

Quote:

>Date: 4/15/99 9:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time

>Hello everyone,

>I have a problem with using the unit Crt in Borland Pascal.
>Everything works good, but when I type "uses Crt;",
>there is the Run-time error "Division by zero".

>e.g.:

>> program Prg;

>> uses Crt;

>> begin
>> end.

>Compile -> O.K.
>Run -> Division by zero.

>I really don't know, what's the problem.
>  (but it's wonderful isn't it :-)

>            Thanks Tom

>--
>POSTED BY : Tom Hanzl ml.

>WWW       : http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xhanzl
>ORGS      : FGP, SPS

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Borland Pascal vs. unit Crt

Quote:
> I get the same problem when I include Crt or  Graph3 in the uses section
too.
> Even a program that has an empty execution section gives the division by
zero
> message.  It is the same TP 7.0 from the same source diskettes that has
been
> installed on all the computers, just this one computer has had the
trouble.  I
> reinstalled TP7.0 thinking that somebody somehow erased or altered
something
> critical from the UNITS subdirectory, but it did not help.

Take a look at

  http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/tp.html

for patches for this *known* bug.

Regards, Tom
--
Tom Wellige
http://www.wellige.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. crt.zip Replacement CRT units for Turbo/Borland Pascal

2. crtfix.zip Borland Pascal Crt unit RTE 200 fix, E.Toder

3. crtfix15.zip Borland Pascal Crt unit RTE 200 fix

4. Borland Pascal 7 CRT unit on Pentium II

5. Borland Turbo Pascal vs Pascal with Objects

6. Turbo Pascal 7.0 vs Borland Pascal 7.0

7. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 - CRT unit

8. Crt Unit in Turbo Pascal 7.0 generates overflow

9. Problems in Borland Pascal 7.0 with uses crt

10. Win 1.5 Pascal - CRT Unit - Window positioning

11. Pentium II problem with programs compiled in Turbo Pascal (CRT unit)

12. Win32 Free Pascal CRT Unit