self-executing programs
Author Message
 self-executing programs

Quote:

>Is it possible to make a program that can execute itself?
>For instance it should start every day at noon, or
>every time the temp directory is larger than 500 Kb ...or something
>simular..

Does the phrase "terminate and stay resident" mean anything to you?
<Big Toothy Grin> Sounds like you're into suicidal software, eh???

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 self-executing programs

Quote:

> >Is it possible to make a program that can execute itself?
> >For instance it should start every day at noon, or
> >every time the temp directory is larger than 500 Kb ...or something
> >simular..

> Does the phrase "terminate and stay resident" mean anything to you?
> <Big Toothy Grin> Sounds like you're into suicidal software, eh???

Has anyone ported crond to Dos?  That would do the first 'event' nicely.

Hmm, how about a Windoze program, much easier to write little daemons in that.

--
Tom Wheeley, <holyhorns>
Oh, did I mention that I went to see Bottom Live last Thursday :-))

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. self-executing programs

2. Execute DOS-command/program from a program.

3. Execute DOS-command/program from a program.

4. Self-checking programs?

5. Self-Made Programs

6. Shell execute, create process, execute, run program from my program...

7. Execute and return to the calling program

8. Want to execute another program ?

9. Executing External Programs

10. Closing windows when executing another pascal program win1.5

11. Win 1.5 pascal - Executing a program

12. Execute program and return?