TIN newsreader
Author Message
 TIN newsreader

I am in dire need of answers to a couple of questions:

1)  Does anyone know how I can purchase/download a copy of the tin newsreader?
I actually tried downloading it from the tin website, but I don't know how to
access the file.  Do I need a unix workstation, or can I run it from a pc using
Windows 98?

2)  My other option is to use my University of Pittsburgh account.  It is
unix-based and has the tin newsreader.  However, when I telnet in, I can only
read the groups.  When I try to respond or post, the screen gets all messed up.

            I have a feeling that I am using the wrong terminal type.  I tried
"set TERM=vt100" and "export TERM=vt100" but neither of those worked.  I also
tried setting the actual window to vt100 by pulling down the menu, but it was
already set.
          My next thought was that maybe I need to set my editor to the proper
environment.  I tried "set ENV=pico" and "set ENV pico" (because I am using the
pine editor or pico), but that did not work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am sorry for the off-topic post, but I am
at wits end and cannot seem to find any newsgroups on tin or usenet, although I
am sure they must exist.

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.  Also, it would be great
if you could email me your suggestions, as I am having trouble accessing the
newsgroups (as you can see).

Thank you,
Ray

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Newsreader Question

2. Good newsreader?

3. Wanted: Email or Newsreader source code

4. rnr130.zip - Threaded newsreader+mail agent, with TP src

5. Pascal newsreader source..?