executing a program
Author Message
 executing a program

does anybody know how to execute a program without showing that you
are executing it... like i want to make an install program that
executes ARJ.EXE put shows the user a blue screen and a percent bar
down at the bottom.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to
accomplish this...  right now I am using the command

        swapvectors;
        exec(arj.exe, '');
        swapvectors;

but that shows the user the ARJ.EXE program.  I want the person to
see my percent bar. thanx,
        Bret

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 executing a program

Quote:

> executes ARJ.EXE put shows the user a blue screen and a percent bar
> down at the bottom.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to
> accomplish this...  right now I am using the command

>    swapvectors;
>    exec(arj.exe, '');
>    swapvectors;

What about to redirect stdout to NUL?

Exec('ARJ.EXE','>NUL');

it should work.

 Andy

 Ondrej 'Andy' Brablc  < http://manes.vse.cz/~xbrao01 >

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 executing a program

Quote:

>> executes ARJ.EXE put shows the user a blue screen and a percent bar
>> down at the bottom.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to
>> accomplish this...  right now I am using the command

>>       swapvectors;
>>       exec(arj.exe, '');
>>       swapvectors;

>What about to redirect stdout to NUL?
>Exec('ARJ.EXE','>NUL');
>it should work.

No, it won't.  Redirection controls >, <, >>, |, etc. are interpreted by the
command shell, and this circumvents the shell by not using it (this tells
DOS to execute ARJ.EXE directly).

Try this instead:

swapvectors;
exec (getenv('COMSPEC'),'/c ARJ.EXE'+my_arj_params+'> NUL');
swapvectors;

Don't forget that running ARJ without any parameters makes it print out help
info.  ;-)

Quote:

--
Scott F. Earnest            | We now return you to our regularly scheduled

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 executing a program

Quote:

>    swapvectors;
>    exec(arj.exe, '');
>    swapvectors;
>but that shows the user the ARJ.EXE program.  I want the person to
>see my percent bar. thanx,

        swapvectors;
        exec('arj.exe', ' args >nul');
        swapvectors;

http://www.webworldinc.com/joejared/index.htm
ftp://webworldinc.com/joejared/
--- Fidoknot v1.0

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Want to execute another program ?

2. Executing External Programs

3. Win 1.5 pascal - Executing a program

4. Executing TP7 programs over a PENTIUM II

5. Pascal execute a program

6. Help: Execute external program without appear in TaskBar?????

7. executing external programs

8. executing a program

9. executing dos programs in tp

10. executing dos programs in tp

11. Problem if I execute a program

12. Shell execute, create process, execute, run program from my program...