Pascal Extended Type
Author Message
 Pascal Extended Type

I'm looking for program  which mathematically convert Extended Type (Pascal)
to Double Type or any other acceptable by Visual Basic.
My program will be written in Visual Basic but any hints how to manage the
problem will help.
In Pascal as I know type Extended is stored as 10 Bytes and I need to
convert these to more convenient form, because in VB there is no Extended
type I need to make conversion function.

Tom

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:39:21 GMT
 Pascal Extended Type

Feb 2002 14:39:21 :-

Quote:
>I'm looking for program  which mathematically convert Extended Type (Pascal)
>to Double Type or any other acceptable by Visual Basic.
>My program will be written in Visual Basic but any hints how to manage the
>problem will help.
>In Pascal as I know type Extended is stored as 10 Bytes and I need to
>convert these to more convenient form, because in VB there is no Extended
>type I need to make conversion function.

<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/programs/sixbytes.pas> will
arithmetically convert 6-byte reals, using a function of type extended.

<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/pas-type.htm> shows the formats of 6-
and 10-byte reals.

From this, it should not be too difficult to see how to do it in Pascal.

But for VB you might do better to ask in a VB group, giving the exact
Pascal format as in the Pascal/Delphi manuals.

If I remember to upload it,
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/programs/tenbytes.pas> will
arithmetically evaluate 10-byte reals, using a function of type
extended.

  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 05:06:05 GMT

1. Pascal Extended Type

2. Pascal 10 byte extended data type?

3. (FPU) EXTENDED type read by C program

4. (newbie) textbook featuring extended pascal and object pascal

5. extend borland pascal to long filenames and use of win95/98/me/xp filedialogs

6. Extended Pascal and generalized assertions

7. Pascal 10 byte extended

8. Extended memory in Turbo Pascal 6: how?

9. Extended Memory in Pascal - xms.pas (0/1)

10. Extended Memory in Pascal

11. changing real type data to word type

12. Money field type same as Currency data type??