mini-FAQ V1.52 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup
Author Message
 mini-FAQ V1.52 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

>   Will delphi V2/3/4/5/6/7/.net do DOS programs as well as Windows?

>   Delphi V2/3/4/5/6/7/.net is for Windows 9x and Windows NT/XP.  It is
>   not a DOS product. It can create 32-bit console mode apps, but it
>   will not create DOS apps.

>   If you want DOS apps from a Delphi Product then Delphi V1 can do
>   them with some work on the RTL. See
>     http://www.*-*-*.com/

>   DCC32 -cc program.pas
>   is worth trying on some BP/TP programs mainly computational in
>   nature.

There is also wdosx, a winapi emulating dos-extender. Afaik this also works for
32-bits delphi's.

Quote:
> - FPC Pascal

>   FPC (Free Pascal Compiler), previously known as FPK Pascal is a
>   32-bit Turbo Pascal compatible compiler system for DOS, Win32, OS/2,
>   Linux, M68k (Amiga & Atari). FreeBSD and BeOS versions have the core
>   implemented.

Current FPC state of the onion:

- Dos (Go32V2),Win32(native and wdosx),OS/2 (EMX),Linux,FreeBSD,NetBSD are the core
platforms currently.

- AmigaOS, Linux and NetBSD are also available in a recent version (1.0.x) for 680x0
based systems (in practice x>=3).

- OpenBSD, BeOS and Netware are in advanced stages of development.

- QNX,  Darwin, OS/2(native) and Classic MacOS are in development. (the Classic MacOS system
unit compiles and can show output on PPC systems)

This is spread over two versions though (1.0.x and 1.1.x), but most are in
release cycle 1.0.x. (except classic MacOS and Darwin, due to their PPC nature).

Quote:
> - Virtual Pascal

>   Virtual Pascal, now at Release V2.1 is free. It fully supports DOS
>   and Delphi plus Turbo Vision has been ported to 32 bits. There is
>   incomplete support for (x86 architecture only) Linux.

>     http://www.*-*-*.com/

>   See Also Section 4 on Borland's release of TP compilers.

I'm afraid VP is pushing up the daisies.

Quote:
>   My protected mode Turbo Vision programs crash with Runtime Error 216
>     Windows NT4, Windows 2000 and Windows XP programs have problems
>     with 16 bit far callbacks for the mouse handler. Recompile
>     drivers.pas to use polling instead of being interrupt driven. Copy
>     of the fixed drivers.pas
>     http://www.*-*-*.com/

There were also problems with this in 32-bit land :-)

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:05:47 GMT

1. FAQ] mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

2. mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

3. mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

4. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

5. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

6. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

7. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

8. mini-FAQ V1.54 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

9. mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

10. mini-FAQ V1.51 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

11. mini-FAQ V1.50 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

12. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup