Delphi Database Development (Book) Info
Author Message
 Delphi Database Development (Book) Info

John

Greetings!

Does your book cover the uses and abuses of the TUpdateSql component
in any detail?  How about the uses and abuses of Stored Procedures?

Keith

Quote:

> [...]
>Delphi Database Development provides information for migrating to
>Delphi from the Xbase world as well as a discussion of all of Delphi's
>database components.  In addition, this book:
>o Covers both Delphi 1 and Delphi 2
>o Is organized for fast access to important information
>o Contains the complete SQL Command Reference
>o Covers all visual and non-visual database components
>o Fully documents database file formats
>o Discusses alternative database engines for Delphi
>o Provides alternative database programming techniques
>o Reveals previously undocumented Delphi database internals
>o Includes a handy Xbase to Delphi cross-reference
>The CD-ROM that comes with Delphi Database Development includes sample
>database applications and bonus third party Delphi products, hareware,
>and freeware.  It also comes with product demos and information
>(APOLLO, Xphiles, etc.), and issues of Delphi Aquarium and Delphi
>Informant magazines.
>If you have specific comments about the book or source code, contact
>the people listed for the relevant sections in the table below. Ted
>Blue is the President of Blue Star Software, and teaches Delphi
>programming at the University of California at San Diego. Contact Ted
>on Compuserve at 71163,325.  John Kaster is the Owner of Interface
>Technologies, and the author of several development tools for Delphi
>and Xbase developers.  Contact John on Compuserve at 71510,3321 or the

>Lessons, Inc., a third-party provider for Borland Delphi and Xbase

>Loren Scott is the Product Manager of SuccessWare International,
>developers of APOLLO for Delphi and the SuccessWare Database Engine.
>Contact Loren on Compuserve at 70274,2677.
>Section                                                     Authors         Pages
>Introduction                                                Loren, John     6
>Chapter 1: Overview of Database Development in Delphi       Loren, John
>14
>Chapter 2: The Data Access Components                       Ted             159
>Chapter 3: Visual Data Controls                             Greg            210
>Chapter 4: The TField Components                    Ted             66
>Chapter 5: BDE Function Reference                   Loren, John     316
>Appendix A: BDE Error Return Codes                  Loren           16
>Appendix B: BDE Constants, Type, and Data Structures        Loren           28
>Appendix C: BDE Categorical Reference                       Loren           13
>Appendix D: Xbase to Borland Delphi Conversion Notes        John            34
>Appendix E: Interbase Structured Query Language (ISQL)      Ted             32
>Appendix F: File Formats                                    John            36
>Appendix G: Delphi Component Heirarchy                      Ted             8
>Appendix H: Alternative Database Engines            Loren, John     12
>This hot new book is the only one of its kind!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi Database Development (Book) Info

Quote:

>Greetings!

"Hi, there" (ever see 'Welcome Back, Kotter?")

Quote:
>Does your book cover the uses and abuses of the TUpdateSql component
>in any detail?  How about the uses and abuses of Stored Procedures?

Ted Blue wrote the chapter on the non-visual database components, and
I remember TStoredProc is covered in there.  I'm waiting for a call
back from him about UpdateSQL, because I don't remember whether he
covered that or not, offhand -- I tossed the page proofs for that
chapter, and I won't have any copies of the book until Monday.

jfk

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi Database Development (Book) Info

2. Books on Delphi 2 Database development?

3. Newbie Looking for info on D2 Database development

4. Book on Database Development

5. DELPHI Unleashed BOOK Info's

6. Delphi 3/4 for complete database development

7. Database Independent Development in Delphi 2.0 ????

8. Info on device driver development

9. Terak Web page in development, seeking info and hardware

10. Terak Web page in development, seeking info and hardware

11. Database development: Delphi vs. Paradox