timer tunning and reading
Author Message
 timer tunning and reading

hi all,

Does anyone know how i can make a timer that has a resolution of max 100us?
and how do i start or stop it and read out the value?

i found a few timer units etc. but for some reason they never tell how to
start it or stop it and how i can read out the value.

oke thanxx
Immortal

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 timer tunning and reading

Quote:

>hi all,

>Does anyone know how i can make a timer that has a resolution of max 100us?
>and how do i start or stop it and read out the value?

You need to tell us what your application is so we can give you an appropriate
answer.

Are you going to use the timer to *measure* execution time, or to set up a
*delay* in execution, or as the basis for a real-time application?

For example, I have seen code posted here which can measure the execution time
of a single assembly instruction.  But perhaps that's not what you want.  You
need to tell us what you want to use it for.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. The IBM-PC 8253 Timer - What do the three outputs of the timer control?

2. The IBM-PC 8253 Timer - What do the three outputs of the timer control?

3. Exception: Not enough timers available

4. Timer under Windows - Problem!

5. I need a timer!

6. Timer in TP7

7. Timer interrupt