WINDOWS WINDOWS
Author Message
 WINDOWS WINDOWS

Quote:

>> CAn someone show me an example of a really small windows program in
>> Pascal, just to get an idea of how do program in windows. IT can be
>> really simple program that just prints text.Thanks.

>> oh yea I use the borland 7.0 compiler, so please keep in mind

>>                 -JERemy

>If you check your distribution disks, you will find MANY such
examples,
>ready to be modified as you see fit.

Distribution Disk? I don't believe I have one of those

Salut Jeremy;

I am writing directly to avoid misunderstandings ... By stating in an
international usergroup that you do not have the distribution disks,
you are
effectively announcing that you have not purchased your copy of BP7.
This
is dangerous for your reputation.

The distribution disks are the original purchase disks; BP7 comes on
~10
disks, with MANY examples.  I will give the benefit of the doubt, and
presume that you are in a school, and that the school has purchased
BP7, but
has not installed all of the files for you to look through.   If this
is the
case, complain LOUDLY to whoever installed the BP7 system, because the
files
that you need are given exactly for this sort of problem : helping
people
learn.  If this is not the case, and you are running an illegal copy of
BP7,
I hope that you get caught as soon as possible, and please do not use
the
newsgroups to assist you !

Best wishes.
Paul A. Rowntree
Prof. adjoint, Departement de chimie
Universite de Sherbrooke,
Sherbrooke Quebec J1K 2R1
(819) 821-7006
(819) 821-8017 FAX

I don't have TP 7.0 because I have a MAC & am unable to find it. MY
highschool is the one who has it, I believe they did buy it, but I
don't know if they have the distribution disk, I guess I must ask my
programming teacher ( Ms.Clark is an old WITCH!). Why did you say I
can't use the newsgroup anymore? that is where I find alot of help for
my assignments, all i wanted to know is how a WIndows program works.do
I have to have TP 7.0 on my own computer to use this newsgroup?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WINDOWS WINDOWS

writes
[snip - original article read remaining thread]

Quote:

>I don't have TP 7.0 because I have a MAC & am unable to find it. MY
>highschool is the one who has it, I believe they did buy it, but I
>don't know if they have the distribution disk, I guess I must ask my
>programming teacher ( Ms.Clark is an old WITCH!). Why did you say I
>can't use the newsgroup anymore? that is where I find alot of help for
>my assignments, all i wanted to know is how a WIndows program works.do
>I have to have TP 7.0 on my own computer to use this newsgroup?

Right, I did not write the original response to which you comment, but I
have been watching this thread.  I also got the impression that you
probably were using an illegal copy.  This is obviously wrong, you need
to be carefull saying things like "I dont have distribution disks", the
people who subscribe to this group mostly have paid good money for their
copy of pascal, and will not help when they suspect people are using
illegal copies.  There are a lot of requests for information in this
group that are covered in the manual and thus must be lead to believe
that they do not have legit. copies.
Noboady can tell you not to use the newsgroup (even if you do not have a
legit copy), but they can refuse to help.  Be carefull not to give the
impression that you are using a pirate copy and everything will be cool.

BTW : is is really wise to call your teacher "an old WITCH", errm if she
does not read the group there is a good chance someone she knows does
:)), your next set of marks may be surprisingly low :)

Nigel Underhill - Xei/NU                        ............RECLAMATION?
| Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any |
| form, in whole or in part without license.  License to distribute    |
| this work is available to Microsoft at $500.  Transmission without   |
| permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.                  |

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. wincrt.tpu - Windows window

2. WINDOWS WINDOWS

3. Calling CRT windows as child windows of main window

4. Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98

5. Windows 3.1 software developed on windows 95

6. Maximize a window under Windows

7. Problem to run a Window 3.1 program on Windows NT

8. Window creation in generic windows app compiled in Delphi (without forms etc)

9. Tip: How to put a Crystal Reports preview-window on the Window pulldown

10. Runtime error 200 when running under Windows 95 / Windows NT

11. Using a window like the Windows 95 taskbar

12. closing a Window with Pascal for Windows