No scancode for PRT/SYSRQ
Author Message
 No scancode for PRT/SYSRQ

Hi there,

I've got a problem!

Programming DOS Appl. with a graphical interface, using  BP.

I wan't to simulate a 'Copy to Clipboard' -function from
DOS to WINxx, simply by getting the control over the
key <Print Scr/SysRq> (pushing the button from the program...)
But, as there's no scancode for the <Print Scr/SysRq> key
I don't know how to solve this problem - maybe inline-code?

Can You help me?

Robin Petersen.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 No scancode for PRT/SYSRQ

Quote:
> I wan't to simulate a 'Copy to Clipboard' -function from
> DOS to WINxx, simply by getting the control over the
> key <Print Scr/SysRq> (pushing the button from the program...)
> But, as there's no scancode for the <Print Scr/SysRq> key
> I don't know how to solve this problem - maybe inline-code?

It has a scan code sequence (e0 2a e0 37), but it's "invisible"
When you press the Print Screen key, the BIOS calls Int 05, without
stuffing it into the kbd buffer. You can simulate it with Int 05.
I tried, but it sends the screen to the printer.

Andras

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 No scancode for PRT/SYSRQ

Quote:

>I wan't to simulate a 'Copy to Clipboard' -function from
>DOS to WINxx, simply by getting the control over the
>key <Print Scr/SysRq> (pushing the button from the program...)
>But, as there's no scancode for the <Print Scr/SysRq> key
>I don't know how to solve this problem - maybe inline-code?

The BIOS Int 9 keyboard handler invokes int 5 (BIOS Print Screen
Service) whenever it receives the make codes for left or right shift key
and the print screen key.  You can hook interrupt 5 and direct it to
your own interrupt procedure which would then be called whenever the
user pressed Shift+PrtScr

    ...red

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. SCANCODES

2. Scancode translation

3. ScanCode to ASCIICode

4. : tsbase13.zip Programmer's tools base: base, basecalc, scancode

5. tsbase13.zip Programmer's tools base: base, basecalc, scancode

6. Vk_??? scancodes

7. Keyboard Scancodes

8. Double Scancodes

9. C or TP & scancode