Borland's Database Tookbox
Author Message
 Borland's Database Tookbox

Has anybody made the database in the Borland's database tool box into a
multi-user database?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Borland's Database Tookbox
Jake schrieb:

Quote:

> Has anybody made the database in the Borland's database tool box into
> multi-user database?

Yes, I did. Simply by not using the index files. New
computers are fast enough to re-read the data file
upon program start except with very huge data heaps.

But the TSortedCollections are a lot of work to maintain
with multiuser programming too. I am using interprocess
queues to alert all tasks of a modification and write the
changes to an extra file. A linear file similar to a proto-
col (wrap around after 64 entries) where all tasks get
their information to update the collection (keys).

But I do not like to distribute the source code, maybe
the hints here may give you some ideas.

Btw.: For the datafiles I use now an improved unit, you
find it in the source chapter of the TP-links site,
named "datafile unit". It is a reduced version of what
I am using. I use REAL/32 and DR-Multiuser DOS.

Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Borland's Database Engine.

2. Database Applications and Borland Database Engine

3. Database access through 'ADODB.Connection'

4. Database link'n'joining Qs

5. Hiding 'SQL' cursor when accessing database

6. WANTED manual Borland INTERBASE Programmer's Guide

7. Borland Turbo Pascal Numerical Method's Toolbox

8. Borland's non-support

9. borland pascal programs don't run with intel pentium II

10. REQ: serial communication between 2 pc's using borland pascal for windows

11. Bug in Borland's math engine

12. Borland's SQL Server/Interbase Conspiracy Theory