Video
Author Message
 Video

Hello

Is there a Unit out there with routines to use a camera?

Regards
                     Mikael

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:38:11 GMT
 Video
Mikael Mortensen schrieb:

Quote:
> Hello

> Is there a Unit out there with routines to use a camera?

What do you exactly want to do?
There emight me, but I don know none.
Is it for DOS? Otherwise I'd suggest Delphi, for Delphi there will be
more chances to have such a thing. Sad but true.

Greetings

Markus

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:57:51 GMT
 Video
Hello

I want to use it as surveilliance camera.
And it has to be for DOS.

Regards
                     Mikael

Quote:
> Mikael Mortensen schrieb:
> > Hello

> > Is there a Unit out there with routines to use a camera?

> What do you exactly want to do?
> There emight me, but I don know none.
> Is it for DOS? Otherwise I'd suggest Delphi, for Delphi there will be
> more chances to have such a thing. Sad but true.

> Greetings

> Markus

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:09:57 GMT
 Video

Quote:

>Hello

>I want to use it as surveilliance camera.
>And it has to be for DOS.

>Regards
>                     Mikael

I have seen some source code for a parallel port QuickCam (monochrome
only).  If you are interested, drop me a line or respond to this
thread.

If you are using another type of camera, such as a digital camera, it
will be hard to write the drivers for it unless you have documentation
for it.

Also, if you are using a standard CCD analog camera, you will need a
frame grabber that takes NTSC or PAL video signal input. There are
several frame grabbers that are supported in MS-DOS.

Regards,
Mike McWhinney
elja, Inc.

Quote:

>> Mikael Mortensen schrieb:
>> > Hello

>> > Is there a Unit out there with routines to use a camera?

>> What do you exactly want to do?
>> There emight me, but I don know none.
>> Is it for DOS? Otherwise I'd suggest Delphi, for Delphi there will be
>> more chances to have such a thing. Sad but true.

>> Greetings

>> Markus

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:20:46 GMT
 Video
Try this link if you are interested in the Quickcam approach:

ftp://ftp.cs.unm.edu/pub/chris/quickcam/

Look for the file: TPQCAM01.ZIP

There are some example sources for Pascal in that file.

Mike

Quote:

>Hello

>I want to use it as surveilliance camera.
>And it has to be for DOS.

>Regards
>                     Mikael

>> Mikael Mortensen schrieb:
>> > Hello

>> > Is there a Unit out there with routines to use a camera?

>> What do you exactly want to do?
>> There emight me, but I don know none.
>> Is it for DOS? Otherwise I'd suggest Delphi, for Delphi there will be
>> more chances to have such a thing. Sad but true.

>> Greetings

>> Markus

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:25:10 GMT
 Video
Hello

It's a USB Camera i want to Connect.

Regards
                  Mikael

Quote:

> >Hello

> >I want to use it as surveilliance camera.
> >And it has to be for DOS.

> >Regards
> >                     Mikael

> I have seen some source code for a parallel port QuickCam (monochrome
> only).  If you are interested, drop me a line or respond to this
> thread.

> If you are using another type of camera, such as a digital camera, it
> will be hard to write the drivers for it unless you have documentation
> for it.

> Also, if you are using a standard CCD analog camera, you will need a
> frame grabber that takes NTSC or PAL video signal input. There are
> several frame grabbers that are supported in MS-DOS.

> Regards,
> Mike McWhinney
> elja, Inc.

> >> What do you exactly want to do?
> >> There emight me, but I don know none.
> >> Is it for DOS? Otherwise I'd suggest Delphi, for Delphi there will be
> >> more chances to have such a thing. Sad but true.

> >> Greetings

> >> Markus

Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:25:40 GMT
 Video

Quote:

> Hello

> It's a USB Camera i want to Connect.

You will need to find out if there is a USB driver for your camera. If
not, you will have to write one.  Try searching google for usb dos
drivers.  There is some TP code for low level USB access.

Mike McWhinney

Quote:

> Regards
>                   Mikael

> > >Hello

> > >I want to use it as surveilliance camera.
> > >And it has to be for DOS.

> > >Regards
> > >                     Mikael

> > I have seen some source code for a parallel port QuickCam (monochrome
> > only).  If you are interested, drop me a line or respond to this
> > thread.

> > If you are using another type of camera, such as a digital camera, it
> > will be hard to write the drivers for it unless you have documentation
> > for it.

> > Also, if you are using a standard CCD analog camera, you will need a
> > frame grabber that takes NTSC or PAL video signal input. There are
> > several frame grabbers that are supported in MS-DOS.

> > Regards,
> > Mike McWhinney
> > elja, Inc.

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:00:48 GMT
 Video
Mike McWhinney schrieb:

Quote:

>>Hello

>>It's a USB Camera i want to Connect.

> You will need to find out if there is a USB driver for your camera. If
> not, you will have to write one.  Try searching google for usb dos
> drivers.  There is some TP code for low level USB access.

Yes there is. USB4PAS it's called. I've enhanced it a bit privately but
not really used yet.
On request I could send a copy of my enhanced version. Just drop me a
e-mail.

Greetings

Markus

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:48:08 GMT

1. S3 chipset video drivers : work with Trio64V2 based video cards ?

2. Screen Size Changes with the change of video adapter resolution

3. store a avi-video in paradox??

4. Set Video Mode

5. TDBGrid Display Problems/P200 PCI Video

6. sound and video in blob

7. Using video memory in fpk for linux

8. video memory ?

9. Video stuff