archiving files by filename
Author Message
 archiving files by filename

Hi there,

i have a problem. I would like to make an archive of files and make a
catalog of their names. the filenames should be analysed and put into
fields.
i need
        number
        first part of filename divided by an '-'
        second part
        comment
this may be work on fat32
is there a possibility to get some pieces of source ?
which Pascal-compiler is needed to do that ?

thanks a lot
stefan

--

Homepage : http://www.*-*-*.com/
FAX      : 089-2443-59523 (Fax to Mail)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 archiving files by filename

Quote:

>i have a problem.

-clip-

Quote:
>this may be work on fat32

see clpb Meta FAQ faq. for handling long file names
http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/clpb-faq.txt

Quote:
>is there a possibility to get some pieces of source ?

a simple program - read up in any text book on how to program in
Pascal from your local bookstore..

Quote:
>which pascal-compiler is needed to do that ?

in DOS - Turbo Pascal for DOS ; in Windows - TPW 1.5 / Borland Pascal
7 ; Delphi e.t.c.

--
Jeremy O'Connor
line 2

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Announce: WinZip...File Archive program 7.0 !

2. : About copyrights of garbo.uwasa.fi FTP/WWW archives and its files

3. file's in archive

4. Need code to get files in a .ZIP archive

5. Long FileName - Short Filename conversion

6. Unknown filenames/unit filenames

7. Moving files but keeping the long Win95 filename

8. EMail Archive

9. Swag archives

10. Looking for information on archive password checking.

11. Free Pascal Mailing List archives

12. SWAG Archive Inactivity