File Search
Author Message
 File Search

I don't suppose anyone can tell me how you can make a
program accept a stock number that is entered at a prompt
consisting of three letters and a number e.g. AAA1.

--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 File Search

I wonder if anyone can tell me how you can search for a record
from a number of records entered.

--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 File Search

Quote:
> I don't suppose anyone can tell me how you can make a
> program accept a stock number that is entered at a prompt
> consisting of three letters and a number e.g. AAA1.

> --
>  a bit of an ambigous question there, i mean what exactly are you looking

for

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 File Search

Quote:
> I wonder if anyone can tell me how you can search for a record
> from a number of records entered.

   Another vague question, James.  What are you really asking to do?  Is
it a Pascal typed file?  If so, FileSize(file_var) will tell you how many
records exist on the file.  If not, is there some special record on the
file which contains such a value?  If that's the case, which record is it
in, and what is the format of that record?
   You see, your question(s) here can't be answered very well, since you
haven't told us (yourself, too, most likely) about what these problems
are trying to accomplish...what problem you're trying to solve.  In fact,
it seems you have some vague technique in mind, but its implementation
eludes your knowledge/experience, and you aren't "stepping back" to view
the actual application problem to see what needs to be done.  Awfully
tough for us to help you when you don't say what you're trying to
accomplish... 8<{{

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Need : Recursive file search/directory search

2. File Search help

3. Accesing files/searching

4. File searching all over hard drive

5. File searching all over hard drive

6. File search in turbo

7. File search in turbo pascal?

8. Searching .db File

9. searching .dat file

10. Search in Files - Bug ?

11. how to search a file including all subdirs?

12. Searching for a component .......................... CAD-file viewer