RunTime error 215?
Author Message
 RunTime error 215?

Is there a list of Run time errors for Pascal 6 for DOS?

I have an app that was writtin in BP, but do not have access to source code.
The author of the software is no longer supporting this, and we have run
into this error and can't seem to work around it.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 RunTime error 215?

Tom Sevy schrieb:

Quote:

> Is there a list of Run time errors for Pascal 6 for DOS?

> I have an app that was writtin in BP, but do not have access to source code.
> The author of the software is no longer supporting this, and we have run
> into this error and can't seem to work around it.

In my version of TP 6 the highest runtime error is 214.
It must be a "RunError" number, a "custom" generated number.
Sorry, no better info.
Franz Glaser
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 RunTime error 215?

Ing. Franz Glaser escribi:

Quote:
> Tom Sevy schrieb:
> > Is there a list of Run time errors for Pascal 6 for DOS?
> > I have an app that was writtin in BP, but do not have access to source code.
> > The author of the software is no longer supporting this, and we have run
> > into this error and can't seem to work around it.
> In my version of TP 6 the highest runtime error is 214.
> It must be a "RunError" number, a "custom" generated number.
> Sorry, no better info.

Perhaps it's TP7 R-T Error 215: Arithmetic Overflow.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 RunTime error 215?

Quote:

>I have an app that was writtin in BP, but do not have access to source
code.
>The author of the software is no longer supporting this, and we have run
>into this error and can't seem to work around it.

This is what I found in Bp70's help... It may be that...

* Arithmetic overflow error *

Reported by statements compiled with {$Q} when
an integer arithmetic operation caused an
overflow or the result was outside the
supported range.

                          All the best... Vlada...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 RunTime error 215?

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:03:12 -0400, "Tom Sevy"

Quote:

>Is there a list of Run time errors for Pascal 6 for DOS?

Of course.

Quote:
>I have an app that was writtin in BP, but do not have access to source code.
>The author of the software is no longer supporting this, and we have run
>into this error and can't seem to work around it.

There is only BP 7.0 and no BP 6.0. Error 215 exists only in BP 7.0
and means "arithmetic overflow".

It is generated for instance by multiplying to integers whose product
is >32767. But without the source code your are lost anyway.

Regards
Horst

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 RunTime error 215?

Tom Sevy schrieb:

Quote:

> Is there a list of Run time errors for Pascal 6 for DOS?

> I have an app that was writtin in BP, but do not have access to source code.
> The author of the software is no longer supporting this, and we have run
> into this error and can't seem to work around it.

D/L ERR.ZIP from http://users.southeast.net/~rdonais/tpascal.htm
or ftp://users.southeast.net/private/rdonais/err.zip

The archive contains TP 4-7 compatible source for a command line
utility that contains all DOS, TP4-7 and StonyBrook 6++ errors.

FWIW, error 215 is an arithmetic overflow.

    ...red

P.S you might want to spell check the error list ;-)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 RunTime error 215?

Quote:

>Tom Sevy schrieb:

>> Is there a list of Run time errors for Pascal 6 for DOS?

>> I have an app that was writtin in BP, but do not have access to source
code.
>> The author of the software is no longer supporting this, and we have run
>> into this error and can't seem to work around it.

>In my version of TP 6 the highest runtime error is 214.
>It must be a "RunError" number, a "custom" generated number.
>Sorry, no better info.
>Franz Glaser
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926

BP7 help:

Runtime Error 215: Arithmetic overflow error

Only reported in statements compiled with {$Q+} when an integer arithmetic
operation caused an overflow or the result was outside the supported range.

hope this helps

ArcSec

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. runtime error 215

2. FPC: runtime error 215 - lack in documentation....

3. runtime error 215

4. STR procedure and runtime error 215

5. Runtime Error 215 : What is it?

6. What is DOS ERROR 215

7. What is ERROR 215

8. Error #215 Arithmetic overflow, where it shouldn′t occur(?)

9. Heap Overflow Error - runtime error 203

10. Confusing runtime error porting to TPW

11. Runtime Error 105

12. runtime error