Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC
Author Message
 Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

Hello,

A program I developed with Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS, won't run
on a windows 98 - PC. On a windows 3.1, 3.11 & windows95 - PC it works
just fine.
When I start it on a 98-machine it returns error code 200 (division by
zero).
Sometimes it will start though, all very confusing.

Anybody got an idea.

Peter Hageman

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

Quote:

> A program I developed with Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS, won't run
> on a windows 98 - PC. On a windows 3.1, 3.11 & windows95 - PC it works
> just fine.
> When I start it on a 98-machine it returns error code 200 (division by
> zero).
> Sometimes it will start though, all very confusing.

See:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9553/tpbug.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp_pat.html
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/Pas-time.htm#Delay
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/Pas-time.htm#R200
and many more.

     - Rich

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC
Peter Hageman schrieb:

Quote:
> Anybody got an idea.

No, I wonder what that could be... ;-)

Congratulations! You are the 1 billionth person to ask this question. You
have won a free download of the FAQ.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC
Are you using a Pentium II? This is an old problem in this newsgroup.
Nobody wants to answer you. I do not have the links ready at hand, but
there are solutions. Try altavista.

PP

Quote:

> Hello,

> A program I developed with Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS, won't run
> on a windows 98 - PC. On a windows 3.1, 3.11 & windows95 - PC it works
> just fine.
> When I start it on a 98-machine it returns error code 200 (division by
> zero).
> Sometimes it will start though, all very confusing.

> Anybody got an idea.

> Peter Hageman

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

Quote:

> Of course we want to give you an answer:

> READ THE FAQ BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!

I was a beginner here approximately 1 year ago.
I did not know what "FAQ" stands for, nor what
AFAIK and IMHO and all the other abbreviations.
English is not my native language, and so
the abbreviations are an additional level of
complexity.

Yes, I sometimes grow angry too if posters write
in an impolite manner, such as if they had a
"right" to get answers here. But even this can
be a followup of a misunderstanding...

chapter "patches" has the necessary information how
to cure the buggy CRT unit.

Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. DOS Turbo Pascal .vs. Windows 98

2. Borland Pascal Win 7.0 under Win 98

3. Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

4. problems with TP 7.0 for DOS under Win 98 - TURBO.TPL needed

5. Windows '95/'98 Shutdown

6. Running TP 7.0 in Windows 98

7. DOS Turbo Debugger .vs. Windows 98

8. Problem sharing table with BDE 5.1, Win 2000, and Win 98

9. DUAL BOOT WIN NT WIN 98

10. Pentium Pro won't run protected mode programs

11. Exec win.com from windows program in DOS

12. Running pascal program on Highend PC