Relative speed of compiled exe files in BP 7 running under DOS, and in Delphi
Author Message
 Relative speed of compiled exe files in BP 7 running under DOS, and in Delphi

Am currently compiling and running files in BP 7 in the protected mode
in a DOS environment.  My question is what environment would provide me
the highest execution speed -- DOS, Delphi, or ?.  My program is
floating point operation intensive with extended arithmetic.  Using
Windows95.  Does protected mode place a penalty on speed compared to
real mode?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Relative speed of compiled exe files in BP 7 running under DOS, and in Delphi

Quote:

>Am currently compiling and running files in BP 7 in the protected mode
>in a DOS environment.  My question is what environment would provide me
>the highest execution speed -- DOS, Delphi, or ?.  My program is
>floating point operation intensive with extended arithmetic.  Using
>Windows95.  Does protected mode place a penalty on speed compared to
>real mode?

The speed order is:
Delphi 1.0 or BP7 protected  mode (16-bit protected)
       is slower than
BP7 real mode (16-bit)
        is probably somewhat slower than
Delphi 2  (32-bit protected).

Try to use doubles rather than extended reals for best speed.

Mark Horridge

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. How can a .exe file runs in DOS has windows?(Made in Turbo Pascal)

2. Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

3. how to compile (dos)-pascal units in bp for windows

4. Compiling bitmaps into exe-file ?

5. Compile files in exe ?

6. HELP ! HELP PLEASE IN COMPILE TO EXE FILE

7. Including .chr and .bgi files in a program compiled into .exe

8. How can I get Long File Names in Borland Pascal 7.0 (bp.exe)

9. Library to compile BP programs under Delphi 32-bit

10. compile a old dos .pas file ??

11. How to run exe - Files out of my Application

12. Running External EXE files from a program [EXEC]