64K Data Size Limits and CTE 49 {Data Segment}
Author Message
 64K Data Size Limits and CTE 49 {Data Segment}

I use TPv5.5 which has a 64K limit on total data size.
I have two applications {main app & menu} that I would like to combine into
one, but naturally, I get Error 49 at compile time.
My main app is already nearing the 64K data limit and I've gone to external
files and using pointers to allow for other data to be stored internally
{indexes and counters, etc.}

Q. Does TPv7.0 have the same 64K data size limit restriction?
Please do NOT confuse this with the 64K FILE SIZE limit on units or programs!

James Richard
Fred Bonner
TOUCHSCREEN PROMOTIONS

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Tel: 902.876.7781

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 64K Data Size Limits and CTE 49 {Data Segment}

Quote:

> Q. Does TPv7.0 have the same 64K data size limit restriction?

The data segment cannot exceed 64k in TP 7.0.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 64K Data Size Limits and CTE 49 {Data Segment}

Quote:

> I use TPv5.5 which has a 64K limit on total data size.

Please read:
"Turbo Pascal memory considerations, Pointer Primer"
and "Dynamic arrays" (for rather skilled programmers) in
the FAQ page of the TP-links:

The 64K restrictions, which you mentioned, apply to all
16-bit programs, regardless of the compiler version and
brand. And the circumvention using the heap is the same
too.

Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. 64k Data segment limit

2. Error 49, Data segment too large

3. 49: Data Segment Too Large

4. Static data size/data segment to large

5. BPW: data segment cannot exceed 64k

6. Data segment size by unit?

7. Help DPMI 64K Segment size

8. Help: 'Error 49 - Data Segment too large'

9. Subject: 64k limit ?????? data segment error ....

10. Subject: 64k limit ?????? data segment error ....

11. Data Segment too large

12. data segment too large?