Weird TP7 behaviour
Author Message
 Weird TP7 behaviour

Why does it say UNKNOWN IDENTIFIER about my procs in a unit I made?
The unit is formatted correctly and has worked until now.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Weird TP7 behaviour

Quote:

> Why does it say UNKNOWN IDENTIFIER about my procs in a unit I made?
> The unit is formatted correctly and has worked until now.

The meaning is self-evident.  The compiler encountered an identifier in your
source code which it doesn't understand.  If you haven't changed anything in
that unit, you probably renamed or removed a variable it needs in unit *used*
by the unit which is causing the error.  When you get the error, The compiler
will show you exactly where the error occurred by moving the cursor to the
identifier it doesn't understand.  That would be a good starting point.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Weird TP7 behaviour
On Tue, 06 Oct 1998 00:43:46 -0400, Scott Earnest

Quote:

>> Why does it say UNKNOWN IDENTIFIER about my procs in a unit I made?
>> The unit is formatted correctly and has worked until now.

>The meaning is self-evident.  The compiler encountered an identifier in your
>source code which it doesn't understand.  If you haven't changed anything in
>that unit, you probably renamed or removed a variable it needs in unit *used*
>by the unit which is causing the error.  When you get the error, The compiler
>will show you exactly where the error occurred by moving the cursor to the
>identifier it doesn't understand.  That would be a good starting point.

It seems to not like certain words in unit names: Misc

and in functions: Search..., Find..., etc

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Weird TP7 behaviour

Quote:

> It seems to not like certain words in unit names: Misc

> and in functions: Search..., Find..., etc

This is still rather vague.  Specific code examples to offer?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Weird TP7 behaviour

Quote:

>> It seems to not like certain words in unit names: Misc

>> and in functions: Search..., Find..., etc

>This is still rather vague.  Specific code examples to offer?

The unit name cannot have the same name as a function within the unit,
and probably not a function in other units that it uses.
--
For the latest Beta of Huffman Compression Engine II
http://www.webworldinc.com/joejared/WLH7021a.zip

 * Origin: Orange, CA, 714-532-15860101 (1:103/301)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Weird TP7 behaviour

Quote:

> The unit name cannot have the same name as a function within the unit,
> and probably not a function in other units that it uses.

This would lead to duplicate indentifier errors, NOT unknown identifier.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Some weird behaviour of datamodules...

2. weird pointer behaviour

3. Strange behaviour (TP7, DIR, fast processor)

4. Weird DataModule Behaviour: won't show / display ??BUG??

5. Difference between TP7.0 and TP7.01

6. DBLookupComboBox behaviour

7. DBGrid and dgRowSelect behaviour

8. DBGrid behaviour

9. Strange behaviour of SetRange

10. LookUpListBox and LookUpComboBox behaviour

11. Validate of persistent field of TAdoQuery causes strange behaviour

12. Strange behaviour of DBGrid with Oracle