 Confusing runtime error porting to TPW

Quote:

> or with pretty colours:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> the runtime error occurs here:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ #line470

> thanks so much!

> btw: if if anyone here can help me solve this error i plan on including
> any responses in my project write up, i hope thats okay

I'm no BP expert (if it was the otherway around, it'd be my job to solve the FPC case :-),
but maybe close() is destructive to the assign()ment.

What happens if you reassign the filehandle before erasing?

So assign(filbookings,'itsname'); just before erase()ing ?

Sun, 15 May 2005 05:17:45 GMT
 Confusing runtime error porting to TPW

Quote:

>> I'm no BP expert (if it was the otherway around, it'd be my job to solve the FPC case :-),
>> but maybe close() is destructive to the assign()ment.

>> What happens if you reassign the filehandle before erasing?

>> So assign(filbookings,'itsname'); just before erase()ing ?

> Markov, i think you have helped me solve the problem!

> i had tried to add an assign, but not directly after the close, if i do
> this the runtime error changes from 5 to 32 (which unsurprisingly is
> undocumented in Borlands help file!), but a quick google search returns
> this

> http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th=d4b2a79293b0c21b

> which seems to suggest a problem with windows NT (im using windows 2000,
> which as i understand it is related to windows nt - im no windows
> expert :) and can be easily solved by specifying a file mode.

> This seems to fix it under wine, so im optimistic of it working under
> windows when i try it, Thanks!!

Note that this is implementation dependant, and wise to change it in the
original FPC version too.

Sun, 15 May 2005 16:53:59 GMT

1. runtime errors using TPW 1.5 in Win95

2. runtime error/IOE in TPW 1.5 under Win98

3. Heap Overflow Error - runtime error 203

4. Direct access to LPT port in WIN NT via TPW 1.5

5. TPW v1.5 - Error 143

6. Runtme error 202: Liast all files in TPW 1.5

7. Problem with file access in TPW - error 103

8. Runtime Error 105

9. runtime error

10. Runtime error 216?

11. error SQL provided in runtime

12. Accessing?database?in?OCX?givces runtime error 216?on?exit