SVGA 640x480x256: Mouse doesn't work. Anyone who can help?
Author Message
 SVGA 640x480x256: Mouse doesn't work. Anyone who can help?

I'm trying to let the mouse work in SVGA 640x480x256 mode. Anyone who knows

Thanks, Sander de Jong

-------------------------------------
Pascal:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/
Liero:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/
ICQ:
  52536632

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SVGA 640x480x256: Mouse doesn't work. Anyone who can help?

Quote:

>I'm trying to let the mouse work in SVGA 640x480x256 mode. Anyone who knows
>how to do it,

Try to use a lot of different dos-mouse drivers. There are ones capable of
it. (iow it is not an application, but a driver problem)
I never have been able to lay my hand on such beast, but rumour goes that
some Logitech drivers work correctly.

That is not according newsgroup policy, so deliberately not done.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SVGA 640x480x256: Mouse doesn't work. Anyone who can help?

Quote:

> >I'm trying to let the mouse work in SVGA 640x480x256 mode. Anyone who knows
> >how to do it,

> Try to use a lot of different dos-mouse drivers. There are ones capable of
> it. (iow it is not an application, but a driver problem)
> I never have been able to lay my hand on such beast, but rumour goes that
> some Logitech drivers work correctly.

> That is not according newsgroup policy, so deliberately not done.

why not write your own mouse handler who is capable of displaying your
own cursor?
There is some subfunction of INT 33h, which get's calles every time the
mouse is moved (you can set it up this way, or you can set it up it gets
called every mouseklick...). You can hang your own code in there so it
gets called and displays your mousecursor (before it removes the old
one)

Markus

PS: if you need more info: look at Ralph Browns Intlist or ask
me...[please look at intlist before asking...]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SVGA 640x480x256: Mouse doesn't work. Anyone who can help?

Quote:

>> >I'm trying to let the mouse work in SVGA 640x480x256 mode. Anyone who knows
>> >how to do it,

>> Try to use a lot of different dos-mouse drivers. There are ones capable of
>> it. (iow it is not an application, but a driver problem)
>> I never have been able to lay my hand on such beast, but rumour goes that
>> some Logitech drivers work correctly.

>> That is not according newsgroup policy, so deliberately not done.
>why not write your own mouse handler who is capable of displaying your
>own cursor?
>There is some subfunction of INT 33h, which get's calles every time the
>mouse is moved (you can set it up this way, or you can set it up it gets
>called every mouseklick...). You can hang your own code in there so it
>gets called and displays your mousecursor (before it removes the old
>one)

IIRC it is slow, but more important, causes flicker in graphics. Maybe you
can remedy it, but the system then gets so complicated that it gets slow.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Why is it that SVGA doesn't seem to work in TP for me

2. help My crt unit doesn't work !!!!!!

3. HELP Exception handling doesn't work

4. TQuery's locate method doesn't work properly

5. Delphi+ODBC+BDE+SqlServer doesn't work

6. Why Doesn't This Work?

7. QReport doesn't work when native connection to MS Access 97 is used

8. Table1.RecNo doesn't work

9. TDataSetAction - doesn't work??

10. Why GetData doesn't work with TBLOBField???

11. Why doesn't this alias work?

12. BDE Probem, HAVING doesn't work