Trouble with interrupt chaining
Author Message
 Trouble with interrupt chaining

I am trying to chain the keyboard interrupt to make it write every
keypress into a file.  I know how to chain the interrupt and get it to
make a sound or write something to the screen without any trouble. But
everytime I call the Close procedure it hangs the computer.  I can call
any other procedure instead, i.e. Sound, WriteLn, whatever, but for some
reason I can't call any procedure that closes a file (Assign, Rewrite,
Append, BlockWrite, all work fine too, just Close hangs!) Do I need to
make my own close routine?
BTW I am using Turbo Pascal version 7
Any help would be appreciated.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Trouble with interrupt chaining

|> I am trying to chain the keyboard interrupt to make it write every
|> keypress into a file.  I know how to chain the interrupt and get it to
|> make a sound or write something to the screen without any trouble. But
|> everytime I call the Close procedure it hangs the computer.  I can call
|> any other procedure instead, i.e. Sound, WriteLn, whatever, but for some
|> reason I can't call any procedure that closes a file (Assign, Rewrite,
|> Append, BlockWrite, all work fine too, just Close hangs!) Do I need to
|> make my own close routine?
|> BTW I am using Turbo Pascal version 7
|> Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know for sure what the exact problem is.  Since you said that
Assign, Rewrite, Append, and BlockWrite works fine -- which are file
access calls, I wonder why Close does not work.  Just a question
though... did you setup your own DTA (disk transfer area) which your
TSR uses when it accesses the file?  If not, the DTA of the
interrupted program is being used instead of your own and therefore
your TSR cannot do its housekeeping tasks when you need to close the
file.

YO!

--
Erwin D. Paguio
http://rh.iist.unu.edu/~ep/ydeeps.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Chaining to timer interrupt from protected mode

2. Chain-4

3. BP7 protected mode chain to another program

4. Serial Communications interupt chaining.

5. Chaining mouse event handlers in BP7

6. Problem CHAINING to an EXE file

7. BP7/DOS: Chaining object methods (rather than calling them)

8. chained pointers

9. Chaining

10. Chaining ISR

11. How to write an interrupt service routine for interrupt # 15 ?

12. How to write interrupt service routine for interrupt # 15 ?