Need to make an OvrInitXMS procedure
Author Message
 Need to make an OvrInitXMS procedure

I am using TP6.0 and need to load an overlay file into XMS  (as EMS is a
bit obselete these days).
My version of Pascal only includes OvrInitEMS.
I know that one needs to override OvrReadBuf function for this, but I
don't know how
to override OvrReadBuf, and the manual doesn't cover it.
Can any Pascal gurus out there help me??
--
-----------------------------
Maarten Patterson

<Insert witty quote here>

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need to make an OvrInitXMS procedure

Hi Maarten,

->I am using TP6.0 and need to load an overlay file into XMS  (as EMS is a
->bit obselete these days).
->My version of Pascal only includes OvrInitEMS.
->I know that one needs to override OvrReadBuf function for this, but I
->don't know how
->to override OvrReadBuf, and the manual doesn't cover it.
->Can any Pascal gurus out there help me??

I'm not a Pascal guru, but I did recently solve the same problem in BP 7.0.
Since we're not supposed to put long sources into this newsgroup I will send you
the unit that I'm using by e-mail. Maybe it can help you, though I'm uncertain
whether it is compatible with TP 6.0.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need to make an OvrInitXMS procedure

Quote:
> I am using TP6.0 and need to load an overlay file into XMS  (as EMS is a
> bit obselete these days).
> My version of Pascal only includes OvrInitEMS.
> I know that one needs to override OvrReadBuf function for this, but I
> don't know how
> to override OvrReadBuf, and the manual doesn't cover it.

You can also use OVERXMS by Wilbert van Leijen. Look for OVERXMS.ZIP, it's
available on many FTP sites. Be sure to get version 1.20, because earlier
versions were buggy.

Marcin Wojda

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. making a PackDate procedure

2. Making a fade in , fade out procedure

3. fast putchar procedure and remove cursor procedure needed for lord II type game

4. Help needed on Making DLLs

5. I need help for making a HUGE Windows listbox

6. Need Help making Ascii File into Table!

7. Need examples of recordset from stored procedure with parame

8. Need examples of recordset from stored procedure with parameters

9. Help needed re: Menu Procedure

10. Need a Procedure like Floodfill

11. Need Help on Stored Procedures Pleeeeeease!

12. HELP NEEDED!!! - Text Procedure