mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup
Author Message
 mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

Quote:
> 'Garbo'   The primary Turbo Pascal source/unit site.
>           ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/PC/   {turbopa* directories}

Pedt,

Garbo is run on a Linux system, and the refereces thus are
case-sensitive. Hence that should read ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/

   All the best, Timo

--
Prof. Timo Salmi ftp & http://www.*-*-*.com/

Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:19:31 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

Quote:

>> 'Garbo'   The primary Turbo Pascal source/unit site.
>>           ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/PC/   {turbopa* directories}

>Pedt,

>Garbo is run on a Linux system, and the refereces thus are
>case-sensitive. Hence that should read ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/

Thanks Timo.

--
Pedt

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:40:16 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

at Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:09:53 :-

Quote:

>Subject: CLPB Mini FAQ
>Please do not post to the obsolete groups:
>   alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi

That, and alt.lang.delphi, are active newsgroups, nevertheless.

Quote:
>  -  Please note some articles are cross-posted to borland.public.turbopascal
>#    Borland are, BTW, not really bothered about newsgroups that are not in the
>#    borland.* hierarchy on their own news server so don't crosspost from here
>#    (clpb) to a borland.* group. Even if you post to a borland.* group then
>#    don't expect any input from Borland or TeamB as the majority of posters
>#    are users just like you. Note that b.p.tp posts that are not injected via
>     Borland's Server will *not* be seen by those who use it.

During Summer Time, those using the NEWNEWS protocol with the Borland
server will fail to collect articles posted to the server within the
hour following their previous collection, unless they set their "last
collected" time back an hour or more.

Borland show no signs of interest in this.  Someone has discovered that
it is not a simple clock error (the server knows GMT) but an internal
inconsistency.

Quote:
>  Will Delphi V2/3/4 do DOS programs as well as Windows?

and 5/6/7 - the same, I think.

  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 05:05:11 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

at Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:16:30 :-

Quote:

>Subject: CLPB Mini FAQ

>Archive-name: pascal/borland-minifaq
>Posting-Frequency: Every Week
>Last-modified: 2002-08-31
>Version: 1.49

CLPB Mini FAQ posting appears to have a fault.  AFAIK, it is still
available from each of these sites :

Quote:
>  Copies available from http://www.pedt.serve.net.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt
>                        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
>                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

  <URL:http://www.bancoems.com/CompLangPascalDelphiMisc-MiniFAQ.htm> clpdmFAQ;

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 05:39:18 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

Quote:
>Subject: CLPB Mini FAQ

>Archive-name: pascal/borland-minifaq
>Posting-Frequency: Every Week
>Last-modified: 2002-08-31
>Version: 1.49

CLPB Mini FAQ posting appears to have a fault.  AFAIK, it is still>
available from each of these sites :

Quote:
>  Copies available from http://www.pedt.serve.net.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt
>                        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
>                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:39:13 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

Quote:

>>Subject: CLPB Mini FAQ

>>Archive-name: pascal/borland-minifaq
>>Posting-Frequency: Every Week
>>Last-modified: 2002-08-31
>>Version: 1.49

CLPB Mini FAQ posting appears to have ceased.  AFAIK, it is still
available from each of these sites :

Quote:
>>  Copies available from http://www.pedt.serve.net.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt
>>                        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
>>                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 07:04:15 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup
Quote:

>>>Subject: CLPB Mini FAQ

>>>Archive-name: pascal/borland-minifaq
>>>Posting-Frequency: Every Week
>>>Last-modified: 2002-08-31
>>>Version: 1.49

>CLPB Mini FAQ posting appears to have ceased.  AFAIK, it is still
>available from each of these sites :

>>>  Copies available from

http://www.pedt.serve.net.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt

Quote:
>>>                        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
>>>                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

I have V1.50 ready to go, but have just started a new job this week
and I currently have a big problem with my telecoms provider One.Tel -
they are also my ISP. If the telecoms problem is not solved and they
refuse to call me, yesterday the excuse was a power-outage (that
lasted all day...), I might decide to stop paying my bills and that
would mean no more Internet access.

I'll see what happens over the next few days, but if things are
solved, I'll post V1.50 on Sunday.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 02:29:41 GMT

1. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

2. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

3. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

4. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

5. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

6. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

7. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

8. FAQ] mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

9. mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

10. mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

11. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

12. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup