networks and serial ports
Author Message
 networks and serial ports

Hi all..

If someone could help me with the following, i'd be their best friend!
Here's the problem:
When setting up a network, to play doom, descent, duke3d or whatever, the
following things are run:
lsl.com
ne2000.com    (for the network card)
odipkt.com
ipxodi.com

Now, my problem is, I want to run a program instead of ne2000.com that
will pass/get all packets to/from the network via the serial port (to
which a modem is connected).

without running ne2000.com, odipkt.com says "Cannot get MLID control
entry" which i presume is something i have to register someplace, that
will point to the serial port. So.. can someone give me a clue? Just one?
Please?

Thanks in advance - damian
--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
[...]

  Yes, you were right ne2000 is the key. ne2000.com is a packet driver,
which is available for several network cards and in addition some network card
emulators, yes this is available for serial ports. Grab
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/connect/pkt*.zip where all the available packet
drivers can be found (including sources). As I remember there is one for COM
ports.

  Happy trying.... :)

--
                                 Balazs Scheidler

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
|Author of Turbo Vision Resource WorkShop, the new 3.0 version is able  |
|to generate C++ & Pascal source code, and supports custom controls.    |
|v3.0 is at:  ftp://ftp.coast.net/SimTel/msdos/turbovis/tvrw30db.zip    |
*--------------------------------------------*bAzSi*--------------------*

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. serial port software

2. serial port routines

3. Programming the Serial Port in D5

4. print to a serial port printer

5. How do I use the serial port

6. serialun.zip Turbo Pascal Object Oriented Serial Port Unit

7. Firing Serial Port Pins...

8. Simplying serial com port selection

9. serial port drivers

10. Serial Port Monitor