Pascal on an AMD
Author Message
 Pascal on an AMD

Im about to urchase an AMD K6ii-300, does this type of CPU affect Pascal
compilers in anyway?

--
From Catfish in the cancer-ous North Queensland.
Website: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal on an AMD

Quote:

> Im about to urchase an AMD K6ii-300, does this type of CPU affect
> Pascal compilers in anyway?

No, AFAIK. Except the speed might make troubles with the buggy
CRT unit, if your unspecified Pascal compiler is one of the
TP 7 or BP 7 variety. The famous solutions are listed in the
"patches" chapter of the TP-links.

Regards, Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal on an AMD

Quote:

> Im about to urchase an AMD K6ii-300, does this type of CPU affect Pascal
> compilers in anyway?

You will probably encounter RTE 200 when using the unit CRT. Download a
patch from somewhere.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal on an AMD

Quote:

> > Im about to urchase an AMD K6ii-300, does this type of CPU affect Pascal
> > compilers in anyway?

> You will probably encounter RTE 200 when using the unit CRT. Download a
> patch from somewhere.

Note that the above isn't an AMD specific problem but a Borland pascal
one,
it also happens on Pentium II machines. The CPUs nowadays are just too
fast
for old BP...

 -Mike

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal on an AMD

moment for:
Quote:
>Im about to urchase an AMD K6ii-300, does this type of CPU affect Pascal
>compilers in anyway?

It will require you to use a patch for the CRT unit if you have BP/TP7 -
see the FAQ for info.

If your new machine has more than 64M of memory and you are using BP to
create protected mode apps then you might need to add dpmimem=<some
suitable value less than 64M> to your environment.

--
Pedt

Kill one midge and a million will come to the funeral

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal on an AMD
I currently own an AMD-K6 233.  I have never had any problems running BP 7.0

Careful though, problems are known with higher speeds of processors.  I will
get back to you with the address for one such patch.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal on an AMD
I have an AMD K6 233 and I do not get any crt errors.  At school on Pentium
233 cpu's I do get the error.  I have no idea why.
Quote:

>> Im about to urchase an AMD K6ii-300, does this type of CPU affect Pascal
>> compilers in anyway?

>You will probably encounter RTE 200 when using the unit CRT. Download a
>patch from somewhere.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal on an AMD

Quote:

>I have an AMD K6 233 and I do not get any crt errors.  At school on Pentium
>233 cpu's I do get the error.  I have no idea why.

Perhaps Pentium is just a bit faster then AMD, although I have always
believed the opposite :(

Nikita.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal on an AMD

Quote:

> Perhaps Pentium is just a bit faster then AMD, although I have always
> believed the opposite :(

Floating point operations are faster on a Pentium, Integer is faster on AMD.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. AMD-Pascal compatibility

2. AMD compatibility

3. Unexpected slowdowns on AMD k6-2-400

4. Delphi 1.0 amd Ms Access Version 7

5. Amd 586 & Delphi Bug?

6. STL for Pascal and Object Pascal

7. Prospero Pascal, and Friends of Pascal

8. Pascal & Pascal+BASM programs

9. Kompatibilit?t von Turbo Pascal und Topspeed Pascal

10. Help With Pascal Iwant to call C function from Pascal

11. STL for Pascal and Object Pascal