Pascal Interpreter
Author Message
 Pascal Interpreter

Does anyone out there know of a Pascal interpreter (or p-code assembler
and executer) written in Pascal?

In the last version of our product, we created our own scripting
language.  For various reasons, this old language is now useless to us.
From our experience, we have discovered that inventing a language
requires careful, delicate planning and design.  We didn't realize this
with version 1 :-).

We have decided that rather than write another new language, we should
try to use an existing language.

Since the program itself is written in Pascal, and almost everyone here
prefers pascal to c, we are planning on using Pascal.

The requirements we have are (1) source code included; (2)
understandable code and (3) fairly standard pascal (our product is
expected to work on more than one platform - so no assembler).
Efficiency of the scripts and completeness of the language is not an
issue, as the scripts will be relatively short.

We don't need a finished, polished pascal interpreter.  For the most
part, we're just looking for a starting point.

Any ideas?

Steven Fisher
Discovery Software Ltd.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pascal Interpreter

Quote:

>>Does anyone out there know of a Pascal interpreter (or p-code
assembler
>>and executer) written in Pascal?

>[snip]

>>The requirements we have are (1) source code included; (2)
>>understandable code and (3) fairly standard pascal (our product is
>>expected to work on more than one platform - so no assembler).
>>Efficiency of the scripts and completeness of the language is not an
>>issue, as the scripts will be relatively short.

>>We don't need a finished, polished pascal interpreter.  For the most
>>part, we're just looking for a starting point.

>>Any ideas?

>>Steven Fisher
>>Discovery Software Ltd.

>I have a photo-copy of a chapter of a book, the chapter is called
>Pascal-S: A subset and its Implementation, by N. Wirth.

>It seems complete.  Sorry, but I can't tell from my copy exactly what
>book I copied this from... I did it a couple of years ago when I was
>trying to do exactly what you are doing.  I've since put the project
on
>the shelf (where I found my photo copy).

>I think I found this by doing a word search in the local universities
>on line catalog (U. of Washington) for articles that combined the word
>pascal and interpreter.

>There is also a simlar project on the net that I've seen, that is a
Pascal
>written in Pascal.  There is a language list put out from time to time
>in comp.lang.misc I think.

>Good luck,
>Glenn Pittenger

>> Look up 'Pascal Compiler' in a WWW search and you will find a site

near you that offer the P4 Pascal compiler/interpreter (in Pascal or
C). Just a warning, the compiler is a little old and doesn't know
about type=string;
Martin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Pascal Interpreter in Pascal

2. Pascal Interpreter source (in Pascal) needed

3. Pascal Interpreter

4. Pascal Interpreter

5. Coding a script interpreter in pascal

6. Free DOS command interpreter & utilities in Pascal

7. BASIC interpreter in Pascal?

8. need interpreter or converter for pascal into C

9. Pascal Source Code Interpreters & Compiliers

10. HELP!! Pascal - Lisp Expression Interpreter

11. Math Interpreter?

12. Command Interpreter