please, I beg of you help me please.
Author Message
 please, I beg of you help me please.

THis newsgroup has been a very very big help to me...I remember
when I had no clue how to use the mouse in Pascal & lots of very nice
people helped me out & I eventually got it down, thankyou...but now I am
faced with a new much bigger challenge: DISPLAYING THE PCX FILE.. I have
tried many times to use various sniplets of code & different units but I
never can find any code that works for me or is well documented....once
I found code that displays a pcx file but the colors were all wrong &
some .pcx files wouldn't work...please: if you are reading this please
help find a way to write a program that can display a pcx file ( 256 vga
 please).

                thank you very much,
                                Jeremy

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 please, I beg of you help me please.

Quote:

>THis newsgroup has been a very very big help to me...I remember
>when I had no clue how to use the mouse in pascal & lots of very nice
>people helped me out & I eventually got it down, thankyou...but now I am
>faced with a new much bigger challenge: DISPLAYING THE PCX FILE.. I have
>tried many times to use various sniplets of code & different units but I
>never can find any code that works for me or is well documented....once
>I found code that displays a pcx file but the colors were all wrong &
>some .pcx files wouldn't work...please: if you are reading this please
>help find a way to write a program that can display a pcx file ( 256 vga
> please).

Jeremy, a recommendation of a file that might give you lots of helpful
information and cool tricks (with some source to boot):

ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming/gpe/pcgpe10.zip

This is the PC Game Programmer's Encyclopedia.  It has information about
graphics formats (PCX included), mouse, effects, and other interesting
stuff.  The information on PCX describes the storage format, so this could
give you something to try -- with the description of *how* PCX works,
develop your own reader.  That could give you something to really be proud
about!

Part of the problem with the source you've found is that many are
incomplete (just a loader, and doesn't load the palette), or only supports
one type of PCX file -- there are several different formats and all are
handled in slightly different ways.

Quote:

--
Scott Earnest          | We now return you to our regularly scheduled |

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 please, I beg of you help me please.

Quote:

> >THis newsgroup has been a very very big help to me...I remember
> >when I had no clue how to use the mouse in pascal & lots of very nice
> >people helped me out & I eventually got it down, thankyou...but now I am
> >faced with a new much bigger challenge: DISPLAYING THE PCX FILE.. I have
> >tried many times to use various sniplets of code & different units but I
> >never can find any code that works for me or is well documented....once
> >I found code that displays a pcx file but the colors were all wrong &
> >some .pcx files wouldn't work...please: if you are reading this please
> >help find a way to write a program that can display a pcx file ( 256 vga
> > please).

> Jeremy, a recommendation of a file that might give you lots of helpful
> information and cool tricks (with some source to boot):

> ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming/gpe/pcgpe10.zip

> This is the PC Game Programmer's Encyclopedia.  It has information about
> graphics formats (PCX included), mouse, effects, and other interesting
> stuff.  The information on PCX describes the storage format, so this could
> give you something to try -- with the description of *how* PCX works,
> develop your own reader.  That could give you something to really be proud
> about!

> Part of the problem with the source you've found is that many are
> incomplete (just a loader, and doesn't load the palette), or only supports
> one type of PCX file -- there are several different formats and all are
> handled in slightly different ways.

> >                thank you very much,
> >                                Jeremy

> --
> Scott Earnest          | We now return you to our regularly scheduled |

thank you very much you are one of tha help ful ones ;)

                                -Jeremy

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 please, I beg of you help me please.

Quote:

> people helped me out & I eventually got it down, thankyou...but now I am
> faced with a new much bigger challenge: DISPLAYING THE PCX FILE.. I have
> tried many times to use various sniplets of code & different units but I
> never can find any code that works for me or is well documented....once
> I found code that displays a pcx file but the colors were all wrong &
> some .pcx files wouldn't work...please: if you are reading this please
> help find a way to write a program that can display a pcx file ( 256 vga
> please).

Did you see the PCX source that was just posted to this group? I didn't try
it, so I don't know if it's of any use for you. Anyway, I've got a shareware
unit to read and write PCX that works with 256 colors, also seems to handle
the palette correctly. It should work with all graphic modes, since it lets
you define your own Get-/Putpixel routines if needed. I don't know if it
works with all kinds of PCX files, since I don't do so much with graphics.
But - the program comes only as .TPU for v5.0,5.5,6.0 and it's in German...
If you're still interested, I can send it to you, or post it to some
binaries group.

Hope this helps,
Frank

Quote:
>    Too bad no one answers my Questions =),
>                            -Jeremy

Perhaps a bit hasty to say so after just three hours...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. please,please,please H E L P (tic tac toe)

2. Please, please, please H E L P (tic tac toe)

3. Program Idea Please please please

4. Program Idea Please Please Please

5. Graph.tpu for pascal wanted please, please, please.

6. Graph.tpu file wanted please, please, please.

7. Please Please, help me with memo-fields, real problem

8. Please, please help me with this code.

9. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

10. Please Please help me

11. Help Drag and drop please please

12. Please-VESA unit needed urgently-Please