getting high precision arithmetic for BP7
Author Message
 getting high precision arithmetic for BP7

Hi all,

I need a high precision arithmetic library for BP7 for calculating.
I experienced with the 'mfloat20' unit from Friedrich Kaufmann and Walter
Mueller.
It works very fine. But the unregistered version has only 77 digits of a
decimal number however I need much more. More digits are available in the
registered fully version. The problem is I can't contact the authors because
the email addresses are not valid. So I can't buy the fully version.
Does anybody know the right email address from Friedrich Kaufmann or Walter
Mueller?

Does anybody know or (better) recommend any other libraries for high
precision arithmetic?
Every advice is welcome.

ciao
Manfred

Mon, 31 May 2004 01:29:14 GMT
 getting high precision arithmetic for BP7

Quote:
>I need a high precision arithmetic library for BP7 for calculating.
>I experienced with the 'mfloat20' unit from Friedrich Kaufmann and Walter
>Mueller.
>It works very fine. But the unregistered version has only 77 digits of a
>decimal number however I need much more. More digits are available in the
>registered fully version. The problem is I can't contact the authors because
>the email addresses are not valid. So I can't buy the fully version.
>Does anybody know the right email address from Friedrich Kaufmann or Walter
>Mueller?

>Does anybody know or (better) recommend any other libraries for high
>precision arithmetic?
>Every advice is welcome.

My program/unit longcalc will go up to over 65000 digits in BP7, and
99,999,999 in Delphi.  But it is integer only, and will not be fast.
The digits can be base 2..16.  Internally, it has routines for the usual
integer operations; externally, it can be programmed in RPN.
*Calculated* in base 5 by  2002 dup 5 bas wrt #eg wrt wrt , next Easter
is 31002-03-111.

--

 Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.
 PAS, EXE in <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/programs/> - see 00index.txt.

Mon, 31 May 2004 06:56:27 GMT

1. High Precision Arithmetic

2. Arithmetic in multiple precision

3. multiple precision arithmetic

4. High precision timing

5. High Precision Timing

6. Q: compiling for high memory, pmode (BP7) ?

7. Getting WATTCP to work with BP7 DOS DPMI...

8. getting access to all 16M of heap memory in BP7

9. Getting current directory's attributes (BP7)

10. Getting BP7, BC3.1 and BC4.5 to live together

11. Rounding Off or Precision Error

12. Currency Field lossing precision