ANN: Replacement CRT Unit and request for Source
Author Message
 ANN: Replacement CRT Unit and request for Source

RE: Re: ANN: Replacement CRT Unit
ON: alt.comp.Pascal.borland

Reply : Requested

Quote:
>>Will source be available at some future date?

>I'm afraid not. Professional advice indicated that, as certain bits were
>not able to be changed - such as HighVideo, NormVideo, LowVideo and the
>interface to Int $10 - releasing source code that included these parts
>would probably breach the Borland Copyright, as it replaced on of their
>units, even though the code used would be likely deemed to be the
>standard way of approaching the requirements. The interface section of
>crt.pas could also not be released as this is Copyright Borland and
>could not be made available to anyone who did not already have the
>interface.
>Although parts could be made available, it seems inappropriate to do so
>as they would be useless without the whole source.
>If Borland ever release the RTL in their museum I am advised that it
>would then be appropriate to release the source code.

     Pedt,

Why not make the parts to the source that you created available, without the
Borland sections.  Hence, no copyright infrigment.

Art

    (714) 903-9920 -* Westminster, California*-

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. ANN: Replacement CRT Unit

2. crt.zip Replacement CRT units for Turbo/Borland Pascal

3. wwin20.zip Crt unit TP/BP6+ replacement also for Windoze

4. replacement CRT unit for faster CGA

5. Problem with replacement CRT unit

6. textset.zip Replacement for TextMode in TP6+/BP CRT unit, Pedt Scragg

7. CRT Unit source code

8. Source-code for the PASCAL UNITS (Crt,Graph...)

9. Ann: Delay replacement (fixes PPro200 overflow and busy waiting problem

10. Ann: Patch for Crt's 200 MHz bug available

11. Borland graph.tpu replacement requested

12. CRT replacement