Have any others had this problem with the EXEC command?
Author Message
 Have any others had this problem with the EXEC command?

Well hello everyone and how are you??

     Well, it is just like the title states!  I'm having this problem with
executing one of my programs using the exec procedure.  I actually have
written many menu systems before, and all have worked perfect!  I finally
decided to write yet another menu system, and when I gave all the
appropriate commands, it returned an Dos Error 5 (Access Denied) message.
I was then quite intrigued yet puzzled on why this was happening!  I have
used the $M compiler directive and set the appropriate memory aside and
nothing seemed to work!  I then went into the on-line help and took their
sample on how the exec procedure worked cut & pasted it into my IDE and
then compiled/linked it.  From there I ran their program, and it asked me
the path to the file.....  I stated D:\temporary
and then it stated for a file and I entered in temp.exe.

It then came back and stated Dos error 5 (access denied)  I then though
that it might have not been able to execute for I was in the IDE and I
might have not had enough memory.  I then saved the .pas file and the
compiled/linked .exe file and exited the IDE.  I then went to my dir. where
the .exe file was, ran it and lo and behold it did still not work (Dos
error #5)  Why is this happening?

Thank you everyone for your consideration and time taken to help me.
Also have a Merry Christmas!!

I do read the newsgroups often, but I would appreciate it if you could
re-direct your replied to my e-mail, for I access my e-mail a lot more
often!

Thanks Again!!

Shane Escher
President:  Stargate Technologies Corp.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Have any others had this problem with the EXEC command?

Helo Shane,

Well, I am having the VERY SAME PROBLEM as you. And I have followed the
same
steps you've followed. I always get a DosError #5 (access denied).
i have used the $M 4000,0,0 directive that you can get in the onlin help
but that doesnt solve the problem, so if anybody knows how to solve it,
please HELP US BOTH!!!!

Manuel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Have any others had this problem with the EXEC command?

Quote:
> Helo Shane,

> Well, I am having the VERY SAME PROBLEM as you. And I have followed the
> same
> steps you've followed. I always get a DosError #5 (access denied).
> i have used the $M 4000,0,0 directive that you can get in the onlin help
> but that doesnt solve the problem, so if anybody knows how to solve it,
> please HELP US BOTH!!!!

Is the program you are trying to execute Read-Only?  If so try removing
it and running your program again.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Having a small problem with 3D

2. still having problem using Free Pascal for the first time

3. still having problems with text files to procedure

4. Having a problem with Access Databases and Delphi 3

5. Having problems connecting to SYBASE

6. Having a problem with BGI...?

7. Help: Still Having problems with QReport and 11x17 paper size

8. having problem with compiler directives and variable limits

9. having problems

10. having problems

11. Having a problem in T

12. Having a problem in TP 5.5