.MAP file format and overlay debugger hook
Author Message
 .MAP file format and overlay debugger hook

I am trying to optimize the use of the overlay file in one of my apps.

I am using the overlay de{*filter*} hook to tell which overlay is being loaded
(using OvrLoadList to identify the unit). The thing I don't understand is
that this hook gets called multiple times in succession for each overlaid
unit. Is this correct? I thought that once the unit has been loaded into the
overlay buffer it wouldn't be reloaded unless some other unit has
subsequently been loaded and pushed the original unit out?

My other question is if anyone knows the format of the .MAP file. The most
important bit of information I need from here is the actual size of an
overlayed unit. The size listed in the .MAP file is only a few bytes, where
do I get the actual unit size as loaded into the overlay buffer?

Any help much appreciated...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 .MAP file format and overlay debugger hook

Quote:
>I am trying to optimize the use of the overlay file in one of my apps.

There's a file available from my homepage that han identify the size of
overlaid units.

http://www.pedt.demon.co.uk/

--
Pedt Scragg

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. TP6, Overlay, Map files

2. Decent Top-View Map File Format

3. Overlay Stub Format

4. Turbo-3 Overlay Files

5. Multiple overlay files

6. Overlay File Specifications

7. Sharing overlay file.

8. Hooked on Text files...

9. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

10. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

11. Q: Function of @ in .MAP Files?

12. Problem in mapping file into process's address space