Windows/bitmaps/palette
Author Message
 Windows/bitmaps/palette

I would like to take portions (points usually) of a 256 color bitmap
and place them somewhere else (eg reflect them) on that bitmap.
delphi provides Canvas.Pixels which certainly sounds suitable. It
returns the TColor of the Bitmap at a point, so

  MyImage.Canvas.Pixels[I,J] := MyImage.Canvas.Pixels[J,I];

(although an odd example) sounds delightful. However, the TColor
used is not the original color, but some "close?" translation, or
so it would seem.  What I wan't is the actual colour/palette used
to be the one drawn.  Any ideas?

I would also like to be able to use routines like LineTo in
a similar way, but setting the pen color applies a TColor again
and "appears" to ignore my the bitmaps palette.

I guess I'm basically having trouble working with palettes.
All help appreciated.

WPE

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Windows Colors & palette help needed

2. 16 Million colour palette in windows.

3. Palettes in Windows 3.x

4. Displaying windows bitmaps in turbo pascal graphics

5. F@$%^&@# bitmaps in windows

6. Bitmaps in TP7.0 Object Windows

7. bitmap.zip Converting Windows Bitmaps to BGI images in TP for DOS

8. Q: Using Windows Bitmaps

9. Help with palette in VGA

10. BMP-showing and palettes

11. How to remove an ActiveX from the palette

12. Fading/Palette TPU