Icons for EXEs?
Author Message
 Icons for EXEs?

How can include an icon within the executable using Pascal or an outside
program?  basically, I want to distribute just an exe with the icon instead of
the ugly windows icon standard

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Icons for EXEs?

Quote:

> How can include an icon within the executable using pascal or an outside
> program?  basically, I want to distribute just an exe with the icon instead of
> the ugly windows icon standard

Create a resource file using Resource Workshop (included with TPW).  Link it
in using the $R directive.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Icons for EXEs?
On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:58:41 -0500, Scott Earnest

Quote:

>> How can include an icon within the executable using pascal or an outside
>> program?  basically, I want to distribute just an exe with the icon instead of
>> the ugly windows icon standard

>Create a resource file using Resource Workshop (included with TPW).  Link it
>in using the $R directive.

And modify the GetWindowClass method of your main window:

procedure TMainWin.GetWindowClass(var WndClass : TWndClass);
begin
  inherited GetWindowClass(WndClass);
  WndClass.hIcon:=LoadIcon(hInstance,'ICON_1'); { or any other name
you gave the icon }
end;

- Ulli -

The Coder's Knowledge Base
http://www.netalive.org/ckb

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. WIN 1.5, Icon question (place icon in title window

2. Testing .EXEs for RTE200

3. Adding 2 EXEs

4. Compressed EXEs Please Help!

5. Self Extracting Exes

6. Several EXEs share one Oracle connection?

7. * Patching program for DELPHI or all EXEs *

8. Using multiple .EXEs with one ODBC database connection?

9. Self-View Doc (was Re: DOCs in EXEs) (fwd)

10. Self-View Doc (was Re: DOCs in EXEs)

11. Kbd Stuffing and Writing into EXES

12. why does TP7 always make .EXEs?