Including .chr and .bgi files in a program compiled into .exe
Author Message
 Including .chr and .bgi files in a program compiled into .exe

I'm kind of a beginner at programming in Pascal, and I use TP 7.0 for
DOS.  I have written programs that use .chr and .bgi files.  When I
compile the program into an .exe, the .exe still relies on the .bgi and
chr files, and must be in the same directory as those ones it uses.  I
would like to know how to compile these files, along with the program,
into one .exe file that is independent of other files.  I have tried the
$I option to include the specific .bgi and .chr files in the compile, but
it opens up said files and gives me a 'begin expected' error.  I know
that the reason for that is because those files are already assembled and
are not in Pascal language.  If anyone could help me find a way to
unassemble these files into pascal, or a way to include them in the
compile, as is, I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

--
? |\/|+a?+

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Including .chr and .bgi files in a program compiled into .exe

:I'm kind of a beginner at programming in Pascal, and I use TP 7.0 for
:DOS.  I have written programs that use .chr and .bgi files.  When I
:compile the program into an .exe, the .exe still relies on the .bgi and

The non-dependent inclusion of the drivers into the .exe is
explained with example code in

 84640 Jul 23 09:36 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/ts/tsfaqp26.zip
 tsfaqp26.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

   All the best, Timo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Including .chr and .bgi files in a program compiled into .exe

Quote:

>The non-dependent inclusion of the drivers into the .exe is
>explained with example code in

> 84640 Jul 23 09:36 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/ts/tsfaqp26.zip
> tsfaqp26.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

>   All the best, Timo

Thanks for the help...I'll check out your FAQ

--
? |\/|+a?+

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
[...]

All you have to do is to include the two units BGIDRIV und BGIFONT. The
source code for these two units comes with Borland Pascal 7.0 and should
also come with TP7.0. They must be anywhere in the EXAMPLES-Directory or
a subdirectory of EXAMPLES.

--
Uwe Schaefer

CIS : 100331,2747

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. including BGI files, with my program

2. .CHR, .BGI into .EXE using EXTENDED MEMORY

3. which files do I include with exe file?

4. BGI file linked in EXE file?

5. Including BGI files

6. Including BGI files

7. Including an EXE file in a Resource

8. Driver included into the exe file ?

9. Include external bin code into exe file

10. Include files in exe

11. Including icons in .EXE files

12. Changing an .EXE file to include an advert splash screen