Run-time error 200
Author Message
 Run-time error 200

Hello all,

The same program compiled with TP7,  on 233 MHZ cpu run OK.
On 350 MHZ cpu I get the error: Run-time error 200 Divide by zero.
What can I do to solve it?

Thanks
Zion

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 200

You probably (althought it should already occur at 200 Mhz) have been
hit by the CRT bug. This bug occurs when you use the crt unit. There are
several fixes in the net. Here is cut out of the mini faq (see posting
above yours)

<minifaq>
 4.1  Replacement CRT Unit for download

  Following work on a replacement CRT unit to primarily fix the RTE200
bug
  in T/BP7, a replacment CRT unit is now completed. CRT units are
included
  for TP V5, 5.5, 6.0 and 7.0x including protected mode units for BP7.0x

  Information at http://www.pedt.demon.co.uk/crt/ including download
links.

  Download directly from:
  http://www.signpost-design.freeserve.co.uk/crt.zip
  ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/programming/crt.zip
  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/crt.zip
</minifaq>

Alex

--
Author of the free Chatsystem PINO!
Available at http://pino.cjb.net

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 200

Quote:

> The same program compiled with TP7,  on 233 MHZ cpu run OK.
> On 350 MHZ cpu I get the error: Run-time error 200 Divide by zero.
> What can I do to solve it?

Hello, new visitor!

http://bsn.ch/tp-links
chapter "patches" has it all... :-)
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/    http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/            http://start.at/bedarf

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 200

Quote:

>The same program compiled with TP7,  on 233 MHZ cpu run OK.
>On 350 MHZ cpu I get the error: Run-time error 200 Divide by zero.
>What can I do to solve it?

Read the FAQs.

                                TO OTHERS
                                =========

There is guidance, of a sort, on the Borland site; it advises an
AltaVista search for something like "+bp7patch.zip +tppatch.zip".

This, yesterday, found 16 sites, some in obscure encodings (Polish,
Czech <g>), some just repeating the above advice, some probably helpful;
but only two that I thought that I recognised as known-authoritative
sites.

Those offering RTE200 solutions on the Web might like to arrange that
the above search (or anything Borland changes it to) will actually find
their pages.

For example, IIRC, each of Pedt's mini-FAQ and Timo's concatenated FAQ
set appears to contain just one of those strings, and cannot be found.

Those who merely repeat Borland's advice might change it, to avoid
recursion : e.g. AltaVista search for "+bp7patch.zap +tppatch.zap" with
each "zap" changed to "zip".  Or they might discover similar but more
effective searches.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 200
i run 1 333mhz amd k6 processor, and i run it fine, have i just got the
right computer, or am i running the right version of pascal (TP 5.5)??
why dont you guys run your compiler on your old machine then, have you got
rid of it?
lol cya
craig

Quote:
> Hello all,

> The same program compiled with TP7,  on 233 MHZ cpu run OK.
> On 350 MHZ cpu I get the error: Run-time error 200 Divide by zero.
> What can I do to solve it?

> Thanks
> Zion

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 200
On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:58:23 +0100, Dr John Stockton

Quote:

>There is guidance, of a sort, on the Borland site; it advises an
>AltaVista search for something like "+bp7patch.zip +tppatch.zip".

This seems odd. You don't need both patches, one will do. The '+'
should be dropped.

FP

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 200

Quote:

>i run 1 333mhz amd k6 processor, and i run it fine, have i just got the
>right computer, or am i running the right version of pascal (TP 5.5)??
>why dont you guys run your compiler on your old machine then, have you got
>rid of it?

RTE 200 has nothing to do with where you run the compiler, but has
everything to do with the speed of the machine on which you run a
compiled program that uses the CT unit.

Delay initialization counts the number of iterations through the
calibration loop the processor can make between two tics of the
system's heartbeat interrupt.  The resulting count is then divided
by 55, which yields the number of times the calibration loop needs
to be executed to achieve a delay close to one millisecond.

   The system heartbeat occurs approximately 18.2 times
   per second, the reciprocal of which is 0.0549 seconds.

A divide overflow (RTE 200) occurs whenever the result of a division
is greater than a word value.  This means that an RTE will occur
whenever the calibration count is greater than 3,604,424.  Prior to
version 7.0, TP performed the count in a word variable, hence the
maximum count could never be more than 65535.  In early TP versions
no error will occur during initialization, however the actual delay
will be inaccurate on fast machines.

OTOH, TP 7.0 uses a 32-bit variable which can accumulate a large
count, whose result when divided by 55 can be greater than 65535,
which would then cause an RTE 200 error.

    ...red

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 200

Quote:

>On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:58:23 +0100, Dr John Stockton

>>There is guidance, of a sort, on the Borland site; it advises an
>>AltaVista search for something like "+bp7patch.zip +tppatch.zip".

>This seems odd. You don't need both patches, one will do. The '+'
>should be dropped.

It could well be argued that a site that cites both is much more worth
looking into.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 200
wasn't there a general agreement that there will be one unified replay for
this VFAQ and not that every one who is a bit boared to contribute his
tiorems about the people who don't read before posting?

Quote:
> Hello all,

> The same program compiled with TP7,  on 233 MHZ cpu run OK.
> On 350 MHZ cpu I get the error: Run-time error 200 Divide by zero.
> What can I do to solve it?

> Thanks
> Zion

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Run time error 200...all the time

2. Run time Error 200

3. CRT Run Time Error 200

4. Division by Zero, Run-time Error 200, CRT delay() function bug

5. HELP! Run time error 200

6. Run Time Error 200

7. TPAS7.0 Run Time Error 200

8. run-time error 200 ??

9. Runtime error 200 when running under Windows 95 / Windows NT

10. Object Pro Opcrt unit runtime error 200

11. Runtime Error 200 with new computer

12. runtime error 200