Problem with GotoXY in EGA/VGA text mode (43/50 line mode) 
Author Message
 Problem with GotoXY in EGA/VGA text mode (43/50 line mode)

I'm having trouble with the HI res text mode in Borland's Turbo Pascal
v6.0.
When I set up the screen to 43/50 line mode, the program running still only
recognizes 25 lines, for instance.. when you run 27 lines of text from the
top of the screen, it reaches halfway down the screen, and then scrolls
twice, so I get 25 lines halfway down the screen to use. Also, GotoXY
completly ignores any statement made when the Y parameter is greater then
25. Any help as to clearing this up would be greatly appriciated.


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Problem with GotoXY in EGA/VGA text mode (43/50 line mode)

Quote:

> I'm having trouble with the HI res text mode in Borland's Turbo Pascal
> v6.0.
> When I set up the screen to 43/50 line mode, the program running still only
> recognizes 25 lines, for instance.. when you run 27 lines of text from the
> top of the screen, it reaches halfway down the screen, and then scrolls
> twice, so I get 25 lines halfway down the screen to use. Also, GotoXY
> completly ignores any statement made when the Y parameter is greater then
> 25. Any help as to clearing this up would be greatly appriciated.

Look at the Window - variables, you will need to modify them. You
find WindMin and WindMax as system variables. A little bit tedious
because of the base 0, but it can be made working. This statement is
true, if you are using the CRT unit.

If not, you will probably have to dig into the BIOS variables at 40:xxxx
Look in Ralph Brown's list and other PC related information. A lot
of information can be found in the VGA ROM-BIOS information.
--
Franz Glaser, Glasau 3, A-4191 Vorderweissenbach Austria +43-7219-7035-0
Muehlviertler Elektronik Glaser.  Industrial control and instrumentation

http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Problem with GotoXY in EGA/VGA text mode (43/50 line mode)

Quote:


> > I'm having trouble with the HI res text mode in Borland's Turbo Pascal
> > v6.0.
> Look at the Window - variables, you will need to modify them. You

Let me add: if you are using the "official" mode setting with the
TextMode procedure, it should work properly. But I remember that
you cannot distinguish between 43 and 50 line mode that way.

Is it possible that your problems occur if you run the program under
Windows95??? If yes, you should boil in the hell!!!! :-)
--
Franz Glaser, Glasau 3, A-4191 Vorderweissenbach Austria +43-7219-7035-0
Muehlviertler Elektronik Glaser.  Industrial control and instrumentation

http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Problem with GotoXY in EGA/VGA text mode (43/50 line mode)
Ok,  took a few tries but I got it, I put the windmax := 12446 right before
the window was declared and it worked :) Thanks alot for the quick
response!



Quote:


> > > I'm having trouble with the HI res text mode in Borland's Turbo
Pascal
> > > v6.0.

> > Look at the Window - variables, you will need to modify them. You

> Let me add: if you are using the "official" mode setting with the
> TextMode procedure, it should work properly. But I remember that
> you cannot distinguish between 43 and 50 line mode that way.

> Is it possible that your problems occur if you run the program under
> Windows95??? If yes, you should boil in the hell!!!! :-)
> --
> Franz Glaser, Glasau 3, A-4191 Vorderweissenbach Austria +43-7219-7035-0
> Muehlviertler Elektronik Glaser.  Industrial control and instrumentation

> http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Switching to 43/50-lines in text mode

2. Detecting 43/50 line mode

3. Can I turn 26 line mode to 50 line mode

4. EGA Text mode 80*50?

5. 50 Line Text Mode

6. 50 Line Text Mode

7. 43/50 lines in command prompt??? URGENT

8. vga-text-mode-switching: 25 <-> 43/50

9. Trouble with Ega/Vga mode (640x480x16) with an Tseng ET6000 Screencard

10. Trouble with Ega/Vga mode (640x480x16) with an Tseng ET6000 Screencard

11. Trouble with Ega/Vga mode (640x480x16) with an ET6000 Screencard

12. Trouble with Ega/Vga mode (640x480x16) with an ET6000 Screencard

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software