HELP A college student!
Author Message
 HELP A college student!

Can someone post a simple example of how to Read a binary file into a linked list, and
then add to that list and REWRITE to the file?? THANKS

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP A college student!

Quote:
> Can someone post a simple example of how to Read a binary file into a linked list, and
> then add to that list and REWRITE to the file?? THANKS

   It's not as simple as you state here, and you haven't given enough
information from which to work.  For example, you say "binary file", but
that doesn't tell us enough to determine what to do.  If the file is
_typed_ (a file of records) and the linked list contains those kinds of
records, the effort is simple.  OTOH, if the file is an undescribed
collection of bits/bytes, the task is considerably harder and more
complex - using untyped files and parsing the untyped data into something
you could actually describe as a record.
   I'm sure your professor/instructor has layed this problem on you, but
you (1) should have paid more attention to what led yp to the assignment
or (2) asked what this vague problem meant, in terms of what you (were
supposed to) know.  The two variations I describe above are done so
differently that I wouldn't begin to show you one of the other, since the
wrong solution would be as damaging to your success as none...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP A college student!

Quote:

> Can someone post a simple example of how to Read a binary
> file into a linked list, and then add to that list and REWRITE
> to the file?? THANKS

No.  This is not a simple problem, so a simple example doesn't exist.
(However, some implementations are more simple than others.)

If you break up your problem into pieces and get a start at it, we can
help with the difficult places and problems.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. help college student!

2. To all you college students out there!

3. College needs help tpb7 where to put

4. College Help PLease?

5. College Help

6. Not a student but would like help with Pascal (Need Help)

7. a student to help???

8. please help a student w/ Pics and sound!

9. Student help--records, linked lists, sorting

10. Help (aics student)

11. Help for student

12. Not a student but would like help with Pascal