TPU to PAS convertor
Author Message
 TPU to PAS convertor

Is there a possibility to convert a TPU-file to a PAS-file?
If so, where can I get the convertor ?

Thanks,

Bram

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TPU to PAS convertor

Quote:
>Is there a possibility to convert a TPU-file to a PAS-file?
>If so, where can I get the convertor ?

>Thanks,

        I think TPU files are Borland's way of OBJ files and I believe
the process you describe above would be similar to disassembling, and
I have so far not seen any Pascal disassemblers.  So, if you find a
disassembler, you could probably convert the TPU to PAS. Of course,
disassemblers usually aren't that good.

Cheers,
Amit
--

PGP Fingerprint: CC48 058F D51A 8C8D 568D  B327 3C80 3A4A E984 F614
PGP Key ID: 0xE984F614

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TPU to PAS convertor

Is there a possibility to convert a TPU-file to a PAS-file?
If so, where can

Quote:
>I get the convertor ?

First of all, if you're trying to find the source to a Borland TPU included
with Pascal, it's in one of the directories if you did a full install (at least
they're all there for TPW 1.5).  Otherwise, if you're trying to steal someone's
source code from a TPU they made, that's wrong if not illegal.  Not to mention,
if you ask them they MIGHT give it to you for free or for a fee.

***Andrew Bishop

***Veggie Tales Fan
 ___
/     \
| 00 |      _____
|  o  |    /   00   \
|  U |    |     o     |
\     /    \   \_/   /

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TPU to PAS convertor

I'm not trying to steal anyone's design, I was just wondering if it was
possible to convert a TPU-file to PAS-file. So don't start talking about
illegal activities.

Bram

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TPU to PAS convertor

Bram den Boer came forth and muttered:

Quote:
>Is there a possibility to convert a TPU-file to a PAS-file?

Unfortunately no. There was an attempt at a tpu to assembler program for
TP5 and TP5.5 but, IIRC, it only could disassemble code which was the
start of an externally visible procedure and procedures that had jumps
that referenceed them. The output was assembly language with [xxxx]
references to data.

Interrupt procedures were disassembled as data and, of course, you
didn't get types, variables, records etc. without peering very closely
at the assembler code generated. You would not get any variable names
except via tdump if you used the procedures were used in a program *and*
the unit had been compiled with $D+ and $L+ for global and local symbols
respectively.

--

Never curse the Crocodile's mother before crossing the river

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TPU to PAS convertor

:For TP6 TPUs you can get TWU1.ZIP (Garbo) It gives lots of info, and will

Clickable:
 151152 Jun 6 1991 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbspec/twu1.zip
 twu1.zip Disassemble TP6.0 or TPW 1.0 TPUs, W.Peavy

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Question: A BAS>PAS convertor?

2. convert TPU to PAS?

3. Convert *.TPU into *.PAS?