Suckers! Borland deserts you!
Author Message
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!

Quote:

>A couple of weeks later, it will be 4 years since the making of
>Borland Pascal

I remember version 3.0 back in '86. And before they had version 2.x for
CP/M.

As to the rest of your letter, I wish you good luck with your life.

Rudy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!

A couple of weeks later, it will be 4 years since the making of Borland Pascal
Don't you get it?? It's history!! Borland deserts you and tells you to use
Delphi, but nooo!! you idiots wouldn't listen. Pascal is Dead! It died with
DOS. If you use Delphi, you're safe for know. Go learn something else, if you
hate C that much go buy windows 95 and learn how to use it. It's vital to
your programming future. Just like it happens to those goons who still
manufactured typewritters when computers were introduced, you will learn
the hard way that if you don't move you get burned. If you still hard
headed then you better off sticking a fork in toaster, but PLEASE!, even so,
try and learn OOP that's included in Pascal.

Remember "He who doesn't move will get burned"

                                       mucus__

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!

Quote:

> A couple of weeks later, it will be 4 years since the making of Borland Pascal
> Don't you get it?? It's history!! Borland deserts you and tells you to use
> Delphi, but nooo!! you idiots wouldn't listen. Pascal is Dead! It died with
> DOS. If you use Delphi, you're safe for know. Go learn something else, if you
> hate C that much go buy windows 95 and learn how to use it. It's vital to
> your programming future. Just like it happens to those goons who still
> manufactured typewritters when computers were introduced, you will learn
> the hard way that if you don't move you get burned. If you still hard
> headed then you better off sticking a fork in toaster, but PLEASE!, even so,
> try and learn OOP that's included in Pascal.

> Remember "He who doesn't move will get burned"

>                                        mucus__

Normally I wouldn't respond to ignorant people, especially those who don't know how to spell 'now'
vs. 'know'...

It's not that we hate C that much, it's just that Microsoft can't produce a decent visual
development tool.  Visual Basic is a poor excuse for those who don't want to learn how to program
properly, and I've tried Visual C++ and it SUCKS!  Borland C++ is much better and it isn't what you
would call a 'visual' development environment.

In my nearly 20 years (which is over 2/3 of my life) I've been involved with computers, I've seen a
lot come and go.  I've seen a lot of good code, and I've seen a lot of {*filter*}code.  Most of the {*filter*}
code I've seen was written in none other than C.  I've seen a lot of shareware/freeware Windows
programs, and most of them I would venture to say were written in C back when you had to use
Microsoft's SDK and C compilers, and most of them are crap.

Face it:  Microsoft has the edge on O.S.'s, but Borland will always have the edge over Microsoft for
programming languages and development environments.  It started with Turbo Pascal not 4 years ago,
but over 10 years ago.

But why are you comparing apples and oranges anyway?  Delphi and Object Pascal are trying to fill a
very specific niche:  It's called (R)apid (A)pplication (D)evelopment.  In case you haven't noticed,
there are no plans for Borland to drop it's C++ line at all.  There are some types of applications
that are very appropriate for development in C++ that would not be quite so in Object Pascal, and
vice versa.  For myself, though, Delphi has made Windows programming a not quite so monumental task,
especially for being able to produce high-quality applications in an extremely short amount of time.

No, Borland hasn't deserted us.  It has validated everything we believed about it when it started a
long time ago.

Go get a life...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!

:A couple of weeks later, it will be 4 years since the making of Borland Pascal
:Don't you get it?? It's history!! Borland deserts you and tells you to use
:Delphi, but nooo!! you idiots wouldn't listen. Pascal is Dead! It died with
:DOS. If you use Delphi, you're safe for know. Go learn something else, if you

***********   DON'T FALL FOR THIS!  ************

That is what is called a flamebait. The best and
only course of action is to ignore such come-ons.

   All the best, Timo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!
Someone once said that 90% of human communication can be broken down into two
fundemental messages:

   1. Waahhhhhh!
   2. Are you still there?

I think this post falls under #1.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!

Quote:

>>A couple of weeks later, it will be 4 years since the making of
>>Borland Pascal
>I remember version 3.0 back in '86. And before they had version 2.x for
>CP/M.

a CP/M version was also available for 3.0, it was when Pascal went to
4.0 that CP/M was dropped. (I remember fondly of being as agravated as
I am now, that Borland decided that the market share wasn't enough).
Quote:
>As to the rest of your letter, I wish you good luck with your life.
>Rudy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!

Quote:
>>I remember version 3.0 back in '86. And before they had version 2.x for
>>CP/M.
>a CP/M version was also available for 3.0, it was when Pascal went to
>4.0 that CP/M was dropped. (I remember fondly of being as agravated as
>I am now, that Borland decided that the market share wasn't enough).

That reminds me: where does the count for BP for DOS and BP for
Linux stand, currently? Since Borland seems to have gone into
partnership of sorts with SUN, perhaps we stand a better chance
of getting a proper compiler for a proper OS now. (Yes, folks,
it's Xmas time, and I still believe in Santa Claus!)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!

: >
: >A couple of weeks later, it will be 4 years since the making of
: >Borland Pascal

: I remember version 3.0 back in '86. And before they had version 2.x for
: CP/M.

: As to the rest of your letter, I wish you good luck with your life.

: Rudy.

EH. I guess mr Blazer talks 'bout Borland's Borland Pascal not
Borland's Turbo Pascal

--
+=======================================================================-
                 CAUTION: Keep pen cap out of mouth, it

                        /|     |__| |__|     |\
                       X |______/     \______| X
    ______________________||__||_______||__||_______________________
-=======================================================================+

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Suckers! Borland deserts you!
DOS is far from dead. It might surprise you to know that some
people in this world still use 186's and 286's. This is because they
are not massive corporations and do not need near cray power at their
fingertips. DOS is about the only OS you can run on these machines.
Pascal DOS programs are faster than window programs and do the job just
as well.

It also might surprise you that there are palmtops on the market with
DOS and 186 processors. For programming on the move Pascal is excellent
for these machines.

Who cares is pascal is dead for commercial purposes, I am sure most of
the programmers here are hobby programmers who do it for fun or to make
the applications they want.

Some of us just do not like Visual development. I couldn't care less if
Borland had deserted us because there are so many pascal programming
tools out there we don't need anymore.

Pascal is cheap, powerful and will run on evryone's machine (turbo at
least). Delphi produces  powerful applications but is power hungry
it's self. Some people (like me) like programming text applications
rather than GUI.

Wake up - not everyone wants to program visually or fiddle about with
toolbars and multitasking. Some of us just want to program and not word
process at the same time or play solitare.

Please do not post to this group again!
--
-------

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Sucker!!!

2. Suckers

3. We all are SUCKERS!!! Borland will never come out with TP8

4. Borland Pascal 7 and Borland C++

5. Incorporating Borland C++ 3.1 functions into Borland Pascal 7

6. Does borland have a news server?

7. Borland Pascal 7.0 on 1.8Ghz plus computers.

8. Borland Pascal 7

9. Borland Turbo Pascal 7 needed!

10. Need replacement disks for Borland Pascal 7.0