Q: BIOS-ID
Author Message
 Q: BIOS-ID

Hi there,

another question: I want to provide a kind of light weight protection
system and need the BIOS-Id-string for that.
Is there any way to get at that (it's shown on the PC-startup, isn't
it?), I don't mind assembler-solutions, by the way.

Thanx in advance for any help/clue.

Bernd Heutling

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Q: BIOS-ID

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Q: BIOS-ID
Why don't you calculate the checksum of F000:0000 to F000:FFFF (the BIOS
ROM)?

<full-quoted because the posting was over a week before>

Quote:
> Hi there,

> another question: I want to provide a kind of light weight protection
> system and need the BIOS-Id-string for that.
> Is there any way to get at that (it's shown on the PC-startup, isn't
> it?), I don't mind assembler-solutions, by the way.

> Thanx in advance for any help/clue.

> Bernd Heutling

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. qs?.mb files and lost data

2. Database link'n'joining Qs

3. dBase BatchMove deletes record ID

4. Determining connection status and Oracle id

5. FIND THE LOGIN ID NAME OF MS WINDOWS IN DELPHI 1

6. INFORMIX 7.3 session ID

7. Job Opportunity - Boise, ID

8. I want to assign an id column on a TDbGrid comp

9. How to find the value from Gen-Id()?

10. MSACCESS: Problems with AutoInc-Field, Type: Replication-ID

11. Generating Unique ids

12. Retrieving NIC ID of a Network Card