how to program a simple text editor?
Author Message
 how to program a simple text editor?

Hello everyone,
I like to program a simple text editor in graphic mode (VGA 640x480 16 colors).
I am using TP 5.5 / DR-DOS 6.0
I have no idea how to start. I looked at search engines, but I think I did not
use the right keywords. Can you please tell me the right keywords for searching
or maybe you have a good link in your bookmarks.
Excuse me if this was a topic in this newsgroup lately. I did not find it in
the last 150 topics.

Thank you for your time

Martin
--
 Martin Stahl
  http://www.*-*-*.com/           http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 06 Jul 2005 08:37:34 GMT
 how to program a simple text editor?

Quote:

> Hello everyone,
> I like to program a simple text editor in graphic mode (VGA 640x480 16 colors).
> I am using TP 5.5 / DR-DOS 6.0
> I have no idea how to start. I looked at search engines, but I think I did not
> use the right keywords. Can you please tell me the right keywords for searching
> or maybe you have a good link in your bookmarks.
> Excuse me if this was a topic in this newsgroup lately. I did not find it in
> the last 150 topics.

> Thank you for your time

> Martin
> --
>  Martin Stahl
>  http://www.krampusweb.de          http://www.rudiratz.de

Well, if you can find a copy of the old Turbo Editor Toolbox that Borland put out
around the time of TP3 that would be a start.  If you can find the version released
when TP4 came out that would be even better due to some of the differences in the
compiler.

Steve

Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:19:37 GMT
 how to program a simple text editor?

Quote:

> > Hello everyone,
> > I like to program a simple text editor in graphic mode (VGA 640x480 16
colors).
> > I am using TP 5.5 / DR-DOS 6.0
> > I have no idea how to start. I looked at search engines, but I think I
did not
> > use the right keywords. Can you please tell me the right keywords for
searching
> > or maybe you have a good link in your bookmarks.
> > Excuse me if this was a topic in this newsgroup lately. I did not find
it in
> > the last 150 topics.

> > Thank you for your time

> > Martin
> > --
> >  Martin Stahl
> >  http://www.krampusweb.de          http://www.rudiratz.de

> Well, if you can find a copy of the old Turbo Editor Toolbox that Borland
put out
> around the time of TP3 that would be a start.  If you can find the version
released
> when TP4 came out that would be even better due to some of the differences
in the
> compiler.

> Steve

I believe the examples that came with Tp where all text based editors, I
have never seen
on that used graphic mode personally.
That dose not mean there are not some out there.
Good Luck

Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:22:35 GMT
 how to program a simple text editor?
Martin Stahl schrieb:

Quote:
> Hello everyone,
> I like to program a simple text editor in graphic mode (VGA 640x480 16 colors).
> I am using TP 5.5 / DR-DOS 6.0
> I have no idea how to start. I looked at search engines, but I think I did not
> use the right keywords. Can you please tell me the right keywords for searching
> or maybe you have a good link in your bookmarks.
> Excuse me if this was a topic in this newsgroup lately. I did not find it in
> the last 150 topics.

> Thank you for your time

> Martin

If you want to do all yourself look up these keywords:

unit graph
readkey
char
string

And the scancodes of the cursor keys (these are: #0 #72 for up, #0 #80
for down and #0 #75 for left #0 #77 for right)

Greetings

Markus

Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:55:31 GMT
 how to program a simple text editor?

Quote:
> I believe the examples that came with Tp where all text based editors, I
> have never seen one that used graphic mode personally.
> That dose not mean there are not some out there.

There are:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gvision/gv/download.htm

The executable is in 'Text Editor' link, towards the bottom of the
page. The first download on that page contains the source.

--
Jay

Jason Burgon. Author of Graphic Vision
Version 2.21 available from:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gvision

Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:26:53 GMT

1. Looking for simple Console based Linux editor.

2. Sources for a simple editor needed!

3. HighEdit Component Text Editor

4. Text Editor > 64K

5. Text editor in Pascal