Writing to the extreme SE corner
Author Message
 Writing to the extreme SE corner

How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?

I tried writing to the line above it and scrolling it down with some
assembly from SWAG and that works fine but will not work in any window
other than 1,1,80,25

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Writing to the extreme SE corner

Well never mind now....

I figured the rather obvious answer out only a few minutes after
posting the message!! :)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Writing to the extreme SE corner

Quote:

>How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
>sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?

Check Timo's FAQ at ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip

Until I added a ScrollLock flag to the crt unit, my favorite was
to increment WindMax, write the last line/character, then dec
Windmax.

    ...red

--
I have moved:

http://users.southeast.net/~rdonais/index.html
ftp://users.southeast.net/~rdonais/00index.txt

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Writing to the extreme SE corner

Quote:

>How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
>sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?
>I tried writing to the line above it and scrolling it down with some
>assembly from SWAG and that works fine but will not work in any window
>other than 1,1,80,25
>Any help will be appreciated.
>Cheers,
>Chris

Here is one way to push down the line as you suggest. This is written
in Turbo v.6.0. Although poorly documented in the help files, The
upper left hand location is always x = 1, y = 1 regardless of the
Window spec. You have to compute the offset to get where you want toa
be.

Regards,

Program SECorner;
USES CRT;

VAR
Ch:Char;
row, col:Byte;

Begin
     ClrScr;
     Window(20, 8, 65, 17);
     ClrScr;  (* places cursor in upper-left, i.e. NEW x=1, y=1 *)
     For col := 1 to 46 Do Write('x');
     GotoXY(1, 9);
     For col := 1 to 46 Do Write('x');
     GotoXY(1, 9);
     InsLine;
     For row := 2 to 9 Do
     Begin
          GotoXY(46, row);
          Write(row);
          GotoXY(1, row);
          Write(row);
     End;
     GotoXY(15, 5);
     Write( '<<< Press Enter >>>');
     Readln;
End.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Writing to the extreme SE corner

Try direct-video.

--
Greetings,
ASS-Ware.

           ,,,
          (o o)
 -----oOO--(_)--OOo-----
|       ASS-Ware        |
|    is watching you    |
 -----------------------

Quote:
> How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
> sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?

> I tried writing to the line above it and scrolling it down with some
> assembly from SWAG and that works fine but will not work in any window
> other than 1,1,80,25

> Any help will be appreciated.

> Cheers,

> Chris

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Writing to the extreme SE corner

2. Writing at the lower right corner

3. How do you detect extreme records?

4. Click here for Extreme Net Toolz

5. *** NEW PROGRAMMING CORNER OPENED ***

6. Problems with bottom right screen corner text scrolling.

7. BP7 RTL - SE.ASM - bug or not?

8. Informix windows SE too many files open

9. MISSING FILE SE.ASM

10. Automatically installing the BD'sE native access drivers

11. I need SE.ASM!!!

12. I need SE.ASM!!!