TurboVision Editor Object.
Author Message
 TurboVision Editor Object.

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone ever did a syntax highlighting extension to the
standard Editor Object in TurboVision?

I'd like to make my own, however if someone already did it, I'd like to have
a copy of it if possible, or at least some good pointers as to what not to
do and how it shouldn't be done so I dont venture in the wrong path for too
long? :-).

URL's and Source if any would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Stephane Richard
Software Developer

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:38:08 GMT
 TurboVision Editor Object.

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I'm just wondering if anyone ever did a syntax highlighting extension to the
> standard Editor Object in TurboVision?

> I'd like to make my own, however if someone already did it, I'd like to have
> a copy of it if possible, or at least some good pointers as to what not to
> do and how it shouldn't be done so I dont venture in the wrong path for too
> long? :-).

> URL's and Source if any would be greatly appreciated.

Free Pascal sources, the IDE is TV based, and has syntax highlighting.

However since TV is copyrighted, we currently maintain both an internal
version based on Borlands version, and a public one, based on sources of a
graphics mode TV clone, which was changed back to text.

I don't know if the syntax highlighting is in the form of a complete
inherited widget, but you could have a look:

See http://www.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/fpc/

Here is

compiler/       the compiler    (parts used in the IDE, but syntax h. is
                                separate)..
fvision/        the open TV clone
ide/            the ide sources
rtl             the FPC runtime libraries

Note that some types may have been promoted to 32-bit, which is wjy

Wed, 26 Oct 2005 05:44:44 GMT

1. Help with Editors in TurboVision

2. TurboVision's TObject object

3. TurboVision's TObject Object

4. TurboVision's TObject object

5. Object inspector vs. coded in Delphi editor problem

6. Desperately seeking an Editor Object for files >64k for BP7.0

7. TurboVision ->> Delphi wrapper

8. TurboVision kb codes

9. Turbovision

10. TurboVision source?